Home U.S. Coin Forum

1967P Unirculated Mint Set

I have collected coins for many years but honestly have never run across this coin set. I had had many SMS Sets and am very familiar with those sets.
Any information would be helpful.

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 6:57PM

Deleted

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,488 ✭✭✭✭

It was not uncommon for certain entrepreneurs to assemble these sets, package them up and then resell them to the public when the US Mint announced that there would be no official US Mint Sets during certain years.
    1982 and 1983 come to mind. Both of those years are quite collectible and in some cases command significant premiums.
    As for 1967? It all depends upon the condition of the coins.

For the record, there is really no way of determining if a high grade uncirculated coin from either 1965, 1966, or 1967 is NOT a low grade SMS Coin.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen these sets from '65 to '68. The '65 is the most common and the '66 is next. The coins in these sets tend a little to the mediocre but are better than most of the garbage released to circulation.

The '67 circulation issue quarter is under a lot of demand right now and really choice specimens that are obviously not SMS bring large premiums. It is true that it's hard to tell SMS from circulation issues but some are obviously not SMS.

Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file