Home Sports Talk

Don Shula

4Boston4Boston Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
edited May 8, 2024 2:01AM in Sports Talk

My prediction is the NFL player in the 2100’s won’t even be half the man that guys were between 1950 to 1970.

Shula made his players suffer, and look at his results. Greatest coach of all time.
You won’t ever see guys like him again.
Oh yeah, Bear Bryant put his guys through pain and suffering also, and they loved him.
Just because your dad or coach whips your tail doesn’t mean he isn’t doing what is best for you.

Comments

• 4Boston4Boston Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Here’s my 19 year old son Jonathan this week.
    Pro bowlers average 230-250 in league play.
    My son is 19, and he got quite a few spankings from dad and a few broken bones in athletics.

Here’s my 17 year old son last week. He busts his tail too, because dad loves him and coaches him through out life.

The point is whether you’re Don Shula or just the average dad, you can love a son or player and still be tough and loving at the same time.

Bear Bryant is well known for that with his players.

• FredJRIFredJRI Posts: 189 ✭✭

Shula was never the G.O.A.T. .. Tom Brady :)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good looking son you got there!

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don Shula is a local legend, born/raised in Grand River, Ohio about 15 minutes from where I'm sitting. He graduated from John Carroll University in Cleveland and then played professional ball with the Browns and Colts. As a Head Coach with Baltimore and then Miami his status as a legend was cemented. Shula played and coached as a true gentleman.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. Lombardi was known for his tough practices also.