Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Impossible 1962 OMM cent….possibly?

I can’t helped but see an S mint mark to the left of the D…anyone else? Could this even be possible?

Comments

• Options

Yeah, I wasn’t really looking for an S…I do generally just search for the more known varieties. It was hard not to see it though

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still can't see it.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, there really IS something there.

But it's just like a cloud that happens to look vaguely like an "S". Nothing more.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome. Pareidolia spreads to the eye through the light in the microscope. A quick look through a 10X glass is safer.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the D took a hit.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a circulated coin with a few hits and some gunk/stains around the mintmark. I guess if I squinted really hard it might look like an S, but I don't want to strain my eyes that hard. ;)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the S he is talking about. Besides the fact no S was used as a mint mark after 1955 and until resuming in1968, this S has no resemblance to any used by the mint.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it too but logistically it isn’t likely

• Options
    Slade01Slade01 Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

Nope, and taking photos of a microscope screen doesn't help when there actually is a difficult call. Is the scope not compatible with a computer connection via USB to use the computer's camera program to take the shots?

• Options
    Smokey1Smokey1 Posts: 11

@Slade01 said:
    Nope, and taking photos of a microscope screen doesn't help when there actually is a difficult call. Is the scope not compatible with a computer connection via USB to use the computer's camera program to take the shots?

It is, I’ll hook it up in the future. Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file