Home U.S. Coin Forum

CSNS Show Report.

goldengolden Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I left home very early Wednesday morning for the long drive to Schaumburg, Illinois. After a few construction areas and one long traffic jam, I arrived in the Chicago area just in time for rush hour. After checking into the hotel, I went to my favorite restaurant, the Rose Garden Cafe. They have moved to a new location less than a mile east of their old location. The food and service are still great.

I arrived at the Schaumburg Convention Center, on Thursday, about an hour before the 1000 AM opening. I quickly got my badge and found a seat to sit down and wait for the opening. At opening time there was a huge crowd ready to go inside. I first went to see David Kahn. I sold him 5 coins, at my price, that I had brought along. Next, I dropped off two coins for John ( Messydesk ) to image for me. I then went to Early Cents table to see a coin that I saw online. He had not brought that coin with him or any of the EAC auction lots. I should have called and asked them to bring the coins that I was interested in seeing.

Next, I went to see Liz Coggan. I looked at an 1804 Large Cent that she had. After a short time, I made the purchase. I then took it over to John to add it to my group of coins to image. I next started on a tour of the bourse floor. I saw a lot of great coins but nothing that I need. The dates that I saw that I needed were either too low a grade or a much higher grade than I need. Continuing around the floor I saw Deplorable Dan. He showed me a Wow coin that he had just bought.

There was a little excitement late in the afternoon. A dealer caught a man trying to lift a pack of currency out of his case. Security had the guy by both arms and lead him out of the convention center.

Late in the afternoon I called it a day and went back to the Rose Garden Cafe for dinner. It was very good again.

I arrived at opening time on Friday. Talked to David Kahn again. At 11:30 a went to a currency dealer to check out a national bank note from my home state. The dealer had already packed up and was about to leave. I never thought that anyone would be leaving that early. Bummer.

I saw common Morgans priced at $32 and ASE at spot +$6.

I continued walking around the bourse and saw nothing that I needed. I decided to head out for dinner. I went back to the Rose Garden Cafe once again. It was good as always.

Early Saturday morning I headed for home. At noon I stopped for a quick lunch. After about 8 areas of road construction, I arrived home about an hour before dark.

This was the warmest weather that we have had at a CSNS show in Schaumburg. Although I bought little, I had a great time.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file