• Options
    AZDAVYAZDAVY Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

64 plus

• Options
    KiwiNumiKiwiNumi Posts: 71 ✭✭

That's gotta be a 65

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

65+ due to color, which I believe will come out under lighting differences. Is that a die crack across the reverse PEACE?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

VAM-2O2 MS65

• Options
    HoldTheMayoHoldTheMayo Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2024 6:59PM

drum roll ..MS66! big kudos to @jesbroken for most spot on grade 🎯. And correct, that is a die crack on reverse and obverse.

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to guess 65, as the luster seems subdued, but 66 is reasonable.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to guess 64 but now I’m withdrawing that guess.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭

Darn, I didn't see this post until this morning, I would have guessed 66, Nice strike, nice die breaks. Thanks for having a Peace GTG.

• Options
    HoldTheMayoHoldTheMayo Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:
    Darn, I didn't see this post until this morning, I would have guessed 66, Nice strike, nice die breaks. Thanks for having a Peace GTG.

what's crazy is it actually use to be a 66+, I had sold it a few years back and I guess someone decided to crack it out and try for MS67 (pop 4, none higher). The 3608XXX cert is when I first owned it as a 66+

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭

@HoldTheMayo said:

@air4mdc said:

what's crazy is it actually use to be a 66+, I had sold it a few years back and I guess someone decided to crack it out and try for MS67 (pop 4, none higher). The 3608XXX cert is when I first owned it as a 66+

Thats too bad to hear. Crack outs are crapshoots sometimes. Maybe you should resubmit it and let a new set of eyes look it over. Thanks for posting the coin. I have found with Peace dollars, and it may be true of all coins, but the more you look at the better you get at grading. Peace dollars are tough.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file