Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's the worst thing you've done to a coin?

13»

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2024 10:38AM

deleted

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember rubbing a Sacagawea Dollar on the driveway curb to remove one side of the Coin. I don't recall which side it was. Yes, I was tired of burning ant hills with my magnifier.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a coin, but a bronze US Mint medal with corrosion that was a basket case anyway. In my infinite 18 year old wisdom I dipped it in nitric acid and almost asphyxiated myself from the putrid greenish smoke. Really dumb move on my part.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • ms71ms71 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit of two-step and a couple verses of Mr. Bojangles.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Sold it when I could have saved it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file