Home Sports Talk
Options

TROUT. HERE WE GO AGAIN

TiborTibor Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knee surgery soon. Out for 80+games last year for wrist injury. Shame this didn't happen in July and out the rest of the season and finish healing in the off season. Stick a fork in him.....

Comments

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭

Meniscus surgery. As long as there arent complications thats a pretty quick one and could be back by the All Star break. Angels arent a very good team that have a low chance of making the playoffs so theres not really a reason to rush him unless they go on a big winning streak

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

A source familiar with trout’s injury history cautions fans not to become optimistic at all after he heals from this injury in a couple months and is back in the lineup.
    “Something else will happen after this and the troutster will immediately be back on the bench waiting for the Philadelphia Eagles season to begin. Fortunately this most recent injury allows him to retain his position as king of the injured list. “

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are on the hook for a LOT of money while these injuries keep piling up

• Options

@perkdog said:
    They are on the hook for a LOT of money while these injuries keep piling up

What a bust this guys career has turned out to be. Will he even get 2,000 career hits? Personally I think if he had a good trainer and worked out properly during the off season then a lot of his injuries could have been avoided. But he just plays for the paycheck and doesn’t care about trying to be a leader or anything. His main interests seem to be the weather and building golf courses with tiger woods.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭

Saying that someone with a rare spinal genetic disorder which has been the cause of most of his injuries just wants a pay check is certainly a rare take

Hes one of the last guys that should ever be accused of cashing checks and not working hard. Injuries are part of sports

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

am i the only one who thinks there's a direct correlation between all of the injuries he has sustained and him roaming center field at 235 pounds

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

its going to be something every year until he retires. this started what, 3-4 years ago, maybe longer. he has carried too much weight on his frame for far too long.

he seems to have turned into angels albert pujols anyways. last year and so far this year he seems to have lost his control of the zone and is loading up to swing for HR's. this year he has done little else than hit HR's.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Trouty wastes no time reclaiming his throne as King of the injured list.
    Fairly impressive!👍
    My question for the board would be….do you feel there is anyone in baseball who could rise up and challenge the troutman and usurp the throne?

• Options

When Shakespeare wrote “Uneasy is the head that wears a crown” he never saw Trout going back on the injured list. The King is back!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    am i the only one who thinks there's a direct correlation between all of the injuries he has sustained and him roaming center field at 235 pounds

It certainly hasn't helped. I doubt he's just 235,too.

• Options

Mikey on his way to today’s press conference announcing his latest injury.

• Options
    edited April 30, 2024 7:58PM

Mike Trout after hearing mlb network announcers saying he is not expected to miss the rest of the season…..
    ‘That’s what you thiiiiiiiiiiink’

• Options

Man this is going to be a tough summer pretending I’m going to the angels games every day.

• Options

does he make it to 500 HR's? i believe he is at 378 now.

when they give an estimate of games missed due to injury ie. 4-8 weeks etc. it will ALWAYS be the high end for Mr. trout. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him till august.

• Options

lets assume that Trout doesnt play another game this season (he may/probably will) that would mean he has averaged 88 games played/season since 2017!

ouch. will his be one of the worst contracts in baseball history?

• Options

one more interesting Trout stat. I read that 63% of his career home runs have been solo. that is the highest percentage of any player with as many as 378 career home runs. that's a lot of solo home runs. I believe all of his home runs this year have been of the solo variety

• Options
    edited May 1, 2024 6:08AM

@craig44 said:
    one more interesting Trout stat. I read that 63% of his career home runs have been solo. that is the highest percentage of any player with as many as 378 career home runs. that's a lot of solo home runs. I believe all of his home runs this year have been of the solo variety

I think he usually strikes out when men are on base 🤷

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems Mike Trout has always had two things working against him his entire career, playing CF at the size of an NFL LB and having to do it for the California Angels.

• Options

has anyone heard when the surgery will be? I wonder what they are waiting for?

• Options

@craig44 said:
    has anyone heard when the surgery will be? I wonder what they are waiting for?

Probably swelling to go down?

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

Trout batting stats:
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=troutmi01&year=Career&t=b

Scroll down to clutch stats and bases occupied to form your own opinion on Trout.

Trout will end up being one of the great "what if" players as his career has been derailed by injuries.

Robb