Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ONA/Oklahoma City Show Fri/Sat/Sun Apr 26-28 - anybody going?

BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://oklahomanumismatic.org/

Moore Oklahoma Community Center
301 S Howard
Moore, OK 73160

2024 Oklahoma City Coin Show – April 26-28
We will be in Moore at the Moore Community Center. ONA members are admitted free. General admission for those 18 and older is $3.
Friday Early Bird: 10AM to Noon is $50
Friday: Noon to 6PM
Saturday: 9AM to 5PM
Sunday: 9AM to 4PM

(this is not the same location as the 2025 ANA WFoM, that will be at the Oklahoma City Convention Center downtown) (Moore is between Norman and OKC)

-----Burton
ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't make it to the ONA show this year, which is a bummer but sometimes life happens. @BStrauss3 please give us a report if you attend.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there.

Beachcomber coins. Please swing by and say Hi!

Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SurfinxHI said:
    I’ll be there.

Beachcomber coins. Please swing by and say Hi!

Surf

I'll drop by today.

Larry

• Options

Larry - please let us know - I'm planning to go unless it's a bust...

I'm a little scared of Oklahoma after the Moose Club show (quoting my post ATS):

`Last October, I drove up to Oklahoma (~3 hours) for the 2nd day of a two-day show at the Moose Club lounge.

When I arrived about an hour after the show opened, the parking lot was a clue...

Asking the bartender I was pointed to the back room. When I got inside, there was ONE dealer - bullion.

I called the promoter on his cell (he was NOT the dealer) and he said "Oh, yeah most of them went to a show in Arkansas".

The local mutt was sad too...

`

-----Burton
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there. Can't miss me--I'll be the old, bald, fat guy.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2024 3:29PM

I let this one sneak up on me. I might be able to swing by this afternoon after work. Gotta work Saturday. Definitely Sunday.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@OKbustchaser said:
    I'll be there. Can't miss me--I'll be the old, bald, fat guy.

With mustard stains on your shirt?

-----Burton
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

The show was really fun. Had a great time. Lots of silver and Morgans. Everyone was really friendly.
    Good to meet you @SurfinxHI

Larry

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great first day at the show! Nice meeting you @ldhair, great conversation! Good luck with upcoming endeavors.

Lots of dealer to dealer business, not so much retail, but some. But moving a bunch of stuff, and there are some great coins here!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options

I have heard of horror stories of how the last day of a show is a bust. I gotta work on Saturday, but Sunday is almost for sure a must.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2024 1:23PM

There were some storms that seemed to chase some of the dealers away from my Sunday visit. I did get to meet @SurfinxHI and a couple of previous dealers. Lots of tire-kicking but no deals were made, either buying or selling.

• Options

Oh, I had a blast on Saturday... drive was easy, and lots of show traffic...

CACG MS-65 1852 3CS - not buying into the CACG hype, but I wanted one for my grade sets.
    Two random ACG slabs (a 1999 CT 50SQ and random Morgan)(given gradeflation, the Morgan is probably accurately graded)
    ANICS PhotoCert with a Mexican Onza - the only ANICS non-US coin I've ever seen.

Plus she-who-must-be-obeyed was out birding and then stopped at Denton Animal Shelter and found a rare Calico CatBird:

-----Burton

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file