Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Alabama Innovation Coins & US Mint Sales report

OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

The Alabama Innovation Coins came Available on April 8th. On April 9th I noticed some of the 4 options started going to remined me status. Sales report came out on 4-16 for sales through 4-14 and 3 of the 4 items were pretty close to their mintage limits. Saturday 4-20 a whole bunch of these were for sale ( Over 99 each). I figured these were from credit cards that didn't work and maybe some returns. They quickly went to remind me status. Sales report comes out 4-23 for sales through 4-21 and all the numbers are real close to maximum mintage for these coins. Tuesday morning hundreds of each of these are available again and by the end of the day all are in remind me status again, A couple were there pretty quickly. This morning 4-24 there are more than 99 available again for each of the items. These are not going to remind me status yet today. It wouldn't surprise me after the next sales report if there are thousands of total items left. I have seen this happen with previous issues of Innovation coins. Any thoughts on this. Is this some sort of FOMO game that is being study. Numbers don't make sense. I have seen comments on other threads that question sales report numbers and games being played.

Comments

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2024 3:32PM

Perhaps the same or similar feeding frenzy on the part of buyers or want to be buyers as was done with the AWQ rolls in 2022 and early 2023. The coins are too plentiful to ever carry much numismatic value in the long term, so it would seem to lack any incentive for any games to be played. Not knowing how the sales report function and reporting works makes it easy to jump to a negative reason, when in all likelihood that is not the case. I do not collect bags or rolls, so I have only observed these from the cheap seats.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file