Home U.S. Coin Forum

Buying a coin because it's a great match for another coin

Just thought I'd post a couple of coin sets that I feel belong together. As collectors, I'm sure many of us collect these pairs and sets. Anyone want to post a pair of coins of their own that belong together?

Comments

• seatedlib3991seatedlib3991 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for no pictures but I did buy an 1845 Seated Quarter in PCGS 45 not just because I needed that particular date but also because it is an EXACT match for an 1845 Seated Half I all ready owned. you would swear these two coins spent the last 189 years going through life in the same pockets. James

• AZDAVYAZDAVY Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

Love those Indians @AndyK

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    I bought these particular silver dollars for my type sets because I felt they would match each other as a group

B)

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf - Same grades, same color, same types, same dates, same holders, different MM's, consecutive serial numbers.

I like!! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    @coinbuf - Same grades, same color, same types, same dates, same holders, different MM's, consecutive serial numbers.

I like!! 👍

Not same grades, sequential grades (64 and 65). It looks like part of a grading set.

3 rim nicks away from Good

@Barberian said:

@OAKSTAR said:

I like!! 👍

Not same grades, sequential grades (64 and 65). It looks like part of a grading set.

Oh shoot, you're right! My bad! 👍

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the 1554 English Philip & Mary sixpence. How could I resist the 1557 Irish Philip & Mary fourpence?

Smitten with DBLCs.

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry

• JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like the pair/set opportunities that sometimes present themselves.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

No longer own, sold here on BST. Bought the cc first, then saw the 93-O months later on EBAY and had to win the auction since it was a near match to the CC. So nice when these coins are not messed with or dipped white.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

The set of 1859 Indians are cool.

• There are some really nice coins shown on here.

Here is a variety pair I put together. 1941 s/s 10c FS-501 & 502

• TypekatTypekat Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭

@ldhair said:

Those must have spent decades together in the original card as issued! Gotta love the Fantastic toning on that pair!

30+ years coin shop experience (ret.) Coins, bullion, currency, scrap & interesting folks. Loved every minute!

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matching grade and year that just had to get back together

• stevefromnestevefromne Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

A couple of AU Seated Dollars, bookends of the series (sort of).

• batumibatumi Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@AndyK said:
    Just thought I'd post a couple of coin sets that I feel belong together. As collectors, I'm sure many of us collect these pairs and sets. Anyone want to post a pair of coins of their own that belong together?

Those two cents are one reason I don't get hung up on particular grades. Awesome pair.

@Crepidodera said:
    How about these two bookend quarters from 1854.

PCGS AU55 CAC gold.

I could help you with those slab scratches.

• usmnterorrsusmnterorrs Posts: 11
    edited May 10, 2024 3:41AM

A nice pair...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file