Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Double sided offset printing error?

Comments

• I have never run across one like this before.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off to the graders for authentication?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a first for me…typically it’s either front or back

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's different.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

This can't happen at the BEP, the way understand it because the face and back are printed at different times, sometimes years apart.

An offset occurs when either the face or the back is printed and there is no sheet of paper between the plate and the press surface (bed) underneath the sheet. The inked image from the plate is transferred to the bed and will appear on the back of whatever is being printed on the face when the next sheet is fed and printed. Subsequent sheets will have lighter and lighter transferred images.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I wouldn’t be interested in it without it be authenticated…but maybe it’s just me

• @BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Off to the graders for authentication?

Yes, I guess that is the only way to find out if this is authentic. It certainly appears to be so but I can't wrap my head around how it would be possible to occur.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't appear genuine to me.

I hadn't noticed another major issue. The offsetting occurs in two different separate areas on each side. I haven't seen this either on any other offset. It's fake.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats a cool catch