Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need Help with MySlabs & Stripe Update Figured it out!

thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 21, 2024 10:57AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Afternoon,

A couple weeks age I started getting notices that I have to join Stripe as this is how they (MySlabs) are going to pay Sellers. So I have tried unsuccessfully numerous times to finish my sign-up of Stripe, but now I am getting notices that I have to have a Website with a URL Link. And that the website has to list all the things I sell, and blah, blah, blah!

I mean I'm just a guy who Buys and Sells Cards and Comic Books to support my Habit! I don't have a website!

So I have reached out to Stripe Tech and am just getting the same E-Mail over and over which just reiterates what I said above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

Comments

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not familiar with Stripe, but I believe MySlabs gives you the option to use Stripe or PayPal for payments.

If you continue to run into roadblocks, PayPal may be a good Option B. Pretty easy to set up, no website info needed.

• Options

@Chicago1976 said:
    Not familiar with Stripe, but I believe MySlabs gives you the option to use Stripe or PayPal for payments.

If you continue to run into roadblocks, PayPal may be a good Option B. Pretty easy to set up, no website info needed.

I believe they Did offer that option, and I have Paypal, but they are or have gone to Stripe & Stripe only to pay their Sellers, Me!

Thanks
    YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

That’s pretty insane. Setting up stripe is not that simple.

I’ll assume this isn’t a tech support request and more like when my wife doesn’t want me to offer suggestions — just listen and nod.

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

Make a facebook or Instagram page that has a post on it about what you sell and give them that url and see what they say.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the same sort of issues with stripe a while ago. I wanted to trade on veriswap and that is how they pay out there as well.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I sell on Myslabs and get paid via paypal. I don't have stripe, never heard of it, and have never been forced to use it by Myslabs.

• Options

Morning,

So I think I have it figured out with some help from MySlabs and None from Stripe. I did receive an E-mail from MySlabs telling me I could offer Stripe as a method of payment a few months back, just perused it, but somehow got it in my mind that was going to be the method of payment moving forward, then ignored it. So I did nothing and then starting two weeks ago I start getting these almost Threatening E-Mails from Stripe that I ONLY Have until May 2nd to Update all my info or I would Stop receiving payouts for my MySlabs sales, over and over, same-mail,, about 10 each. (Keep in mind at this point I DO NOT have a Stripe account).

So apparently they are soliciting MySlabs Sellers, or at least some! Is it to drum up customers? Or? MySlabs has informed me that Paypal or Stripe is fine for payouts, so I need to do nothing!

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil