Home Sports Talk
Options

dashcam footage of Rashee Rice crash

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 17, 2024 6:39AM in Sports Talk

if you're scoring at home.....

a blasted Henry Ruggs gets a few years after trapping a girl and her dog in a car and lighting them on fire

a trashed Britt Reid spends less than 2 in the slammer after putting a 5-year-old in a coma. a little girl who now has development delays, takes special education classes and admits to her mom that "she's different from everyone else"

now let's extrapolate. is the judge is gonna force the Chiefs to give Rashee Rice a raise after this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k88bwHtOj4Q

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's certainly the least horrifying out of the other incidents you mentioned, I doubt he gets in too much trouble to be honest

Assuming nobody got hurt?

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rashee Rice, SMU player face suit for over $10M, alleging 'disfigurement' from crash
    The lawsuit alleges that two victims suffered multiple injuries, including brain trauma, lacerations and contusions, disfigurement and internal bleeding.

After the crash, Rice and Knox left the scene, police said.

Rice through his attorney Royce West has acknowledged his role in the crash.

"However, it is abundantly evident that no goodwill was displayed at the scene," the lawsuit said. "Moreover, it is obvious that by the time Rice had his moral awakening, the opportunity to gather evidence about Rice's and Knox's mental state and level of intoxication from any intoxicating substances would be forever diminished or lost. The Defendants' flight from the scene creates circumstances that could only be motivated by collusion to conceal the whole truth and evade full accountability."

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    It's certainly the least horrifying out of the other incidents you mentioned, I doubt he gets in too much trouble to be honest

one count of aggravated assault

one count of serious bodily injury

six counts of collision involving injury

and he fled the scene (you can see him walking away). there were injured people calling out to him for help and he ignored them

• Options
    edited April 17, 2024 8:49AM

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

one count of aggravated assault

one count of serious bodily injury

six counts of collision involving injury

and he fled the scene (you can see him walking away). there were injured people calling out to him for help and he ignored them

Ok that changes the dynamics of it I didn't realize people got hurt.

The Chiefs should literally cut him.

Car racing? Fine pay a nasty ticket and lose your license for a bit

Causing an accident from racing? Umm not fine and you should be accountable by paying fines, losing your license and potentially suspended

Causing an accident and running away when people need help? You should be cut from the team and prosecuted along with fines and loss of license. That's disgusting behavior

I honestly thought he was racing, smashed a few other cars and took off I didn't realize there were injuries

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Rashee Rice, SMU player face suit for over $10M, alleging 'disfigurement' from crash
    The lawsuit alleges that two victims suffered multiple injuries, including brain trauma, lacerations and contusions, disfigurement and internal bleeding.

After the crash, Rice and Knox left the scene, police said.

Rice through his attorney Royce West has acknowledged his role in the crash.

"However, it is abundantly evident that no goodwill was displayed at the scene," the lawsuit said. "Moreover, it is obvious that by the time Rice had his moral awakening, the opportunity to gather evidence about Rice's and Knox's mental state and level of intoxication from any intoxicating substances would be forever diminished or lost. The Defendants' flight from the scene creates circumstances that could only be motivated by collusion to conceal the whole truth and evade full accountability."

Horrific

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rice not only leaves the scene of an accident that he caused, but leaves his Lamborghini there, I'm guessing probably worth around a half mil.

He not only has no respect for human lives, but not even any respect for his own expensive property. Even for a rich pampered sports star, this is way over the top.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

The judge and Roger Goodell both need to hit this guy hard and make his punishment count.

• Options

I'm taking around a near 100% right guess that he was stoned out of his mind on something. I mean ramming a car from behind like that in the same lane? You gotta be out of your normal mind to be that ridiculously careless.

Notice when getting out of the car, one of them is carrying a little case. In my opinion that was a drug stash he didn't want to be caught with.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should be kicked off the Chiefs and out of the nfl. Rookie… no excuse if you want to race cars go to the bonneville salt flats, don’t be stupid enough to injure people.
    Chiefs don’t need that clown, we’ve got Hollywood and rugby boy.

• Options

@Darin said:
    He should be kicked off the Chiefs and out of the nfl. Rookie… no excuse if you want to race cars go to the bonneville salt flats, don’t be stupid enough to injure people.

Darin - If he was an Eagles player, I'd be saying the exact same thing.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

" leaves his Lamborghini there, I'm guessing probably worth around a half mil."

The Lambo was leased. Many people lease expensive cars instead of buying them outright.

Definitely a bad result but most everyone has done something they regretted when they were young and dumb. I think a suspension is warranted but not being kicked out of the NFL. Remember Matthew Stafford and the photographer that fell off the stage taking a picture of him and he just turned his back on her? Not assisting someone is deplorable but will not cost you your job in the NFL.

Robb

• Options
    edited April 17, 2024 1:00PM

@fergie23 said:
    " leaves his Lamborghini there, I'm guessing probably worth around a half mil."

The Lambo was leased. Many people lease expensive cars instead of buying them outright.

Definitely a bad result but most everyone has done something they regretted when they were young and dumb. I think a suspension is warranted but not being kicked out of the NFL. Remember Matthew Stafford and the photographer that fell off the stage taking a picture of him and he just turned his back on her? Not assisting someone is deplorable but will not cost you your job in the NFL.

Robb

Agree with everything you said, the difference between that scumbag move by Stafford and Rice is Rice Caused the incident, much different in that regard

I think he should get a suspension with a second chance but the Chiefs should cut him or suspend him themselves for a better look.

The cut that Hunt a few years ago for a fight in a hotel where he kicked or hit a woman but that was a fight with multiple people who nobody knows who started

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭

Stafford did nothing wrong. Someone fell on their own

• Options

@stevek said:
    Rice not only leaves the scene of an accident that he caused, but leaves his Lamborghini there, I'm guessing probably worth around a half mil.

He not only has no respect for human lives, but not even any respect for his own expensive property. Even for a rich pampered sports star, this is way over the top.

Wasnt actually his, he was renting/leasing it

• Options

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

Darin - If he was an Eagles player, I'd be saying the exact same thing.

For me the final straw would be him leaving the scene of the accident and especially when there were injuries.
    That shows no character, no concern for others etc.
    The nfl doesn’t need guys like that I don’t care if it depletes our already depleted group of receivers.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

I've rented cars many times over the years while on vacation trips, etc. But never leased one.

I think the leasing companies all have their own different rules and deals on leasing, such as lease to buy, etc.

Whatever the case, Rice sure had better been at least responsible enough to not let his insurance lapse. I realize he is in a world of financial hurt regardless, but having no insurance would certainly make it much worse.

And wait until he receives those attorney bills. 💸

• Options

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

I've rented cars many times over the years while on vacation trips, etc. But never leased one.

I think the leasing companies all have their own different rules and deals on leasing, such as lease to buy, etc.

Whatever the case, Rice sure had better been at least responsible enough to not let his insurance lapse. I realize he is in a world of financial hurt regardless, but having no insurance would certainly make it much worse.

It was from a high end car company. Some outlets are using lease others are saying rented. It costs a little under 1800 a day for that car

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39862563/chiefs-rashee-rice-was-leasing-lamborghini-involved-dallas-crash-car-company-attorney-says

Theres a decent chance he might end up bankrupt from this. Aside from the charges hes facing millions in lawsuits from both the people in the crash and the company who had their 250k Lambo destroyed.

Theres no way insurance is covering any of it with all the videos of driving over 100 mph and then fleeing

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

It was from a high end car company. Some outlets are using lease others are saying rented. It costs a little under 1800 a day for that car

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39862563/chiefs-rashee-rice-was-leasing-lamborghini-involved-dallas-crash-car-company-attorney-says

Theres a decent chance he might end up bankrupt from this. Aside from the charges hes facing millions in lawsuits from both the people in the crash and the company who had their 250k Lambo destroyed.

Theres no way insurance is covering any of it with all the videos of driving over 100 mph and then fleeing

Ugly situation to say the least

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

that clown must have been loaded to leave the scene like that. despicable.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

Ugly situation to say the least

For sure. The only thing dumber is that hes not even an elite player that a team would really try and cover for. The SMU player driving the other car is probably done for. He wasnt elite either and has already been suspended by SMU

• Options

Rashee who? I tell you what, if rugby boy makes it with kc every single woman in the city will be going to the games. 😳He says he wants to be like Mccaffrey, Reid says he will get a chance on special teams and as a rb. Blazing speed, and I saw video of him catching the ball it looks completely natural to him, he has good hands. And he’s already been working out with our amazing leader Mahomes. 👍

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

"Stafford did nothing wrong. Someone fell on their own"

The Stafford photographer incident does a pretty good job identifying the character of Mr. Stafford, as well as the character of the people defending his lack of action.

Robb

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

It's only funny when Mr. Bean does it.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

I'm confused....if he was a rookie then he is not even wealthy yet?? He's not Caleb Williams or anything. Seriously, he's no where near wealthy yet. Am I missing something here and this guy is worth 98 million or something?? This should minimally be a year in jail. Leaving the scene where injuries occurred that you caused is just crazy.

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    "Stafford did nothing wrong. Someone fell on their own"

The Stafford photographer incident does a pretty good job identifying the character of Mr. Stafford, as well as the character of the people defending his lack of action.

Robb

No it doesnt. Stafford was no where near the person when they fell. The event was staffed with multiple security and EMS people whose job it is to help them. Stafford was also intoxicated and would be subject to lawsuits if he mistakenly did something to make it worse. People that are criticizing him are just looking for excuses to do so

• Options

@Mickey71 said:
    I'm confused....if he was a rookie then he is not even wealthy yet?? He's not Caleb Williams or anything. Seriously, he's no where near wealthy yet. Am I missing something here and this guy is worth 98 million or something?? This should minimally be a year in jail. Leaving the scene where injuries occurred that you caused is just crazy.

I dont know how much money he made at SMU but I do know their boosters are very rich and have been throwing around a lot of money wanting to get them to a national powerhouse level. They just joined the ACC where they wont get any tv money for a decade and the boosters said thats fine theyll cover it.

If I had to guess he probably made 6 maybe low 7 figures at SMU. He was a 2nd round draft pick and his contract is like 4 years 7 million I believe. Plus who knows how much stuff is being comped or paid for by someone else especially in the Dallas area where SMU is.

He doesnt have like 100 million type money, but hes made more than you would think already

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Stafford should have been banned by the NFL?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2024 2:40PM

completely devoid of compassion Matthew Stafford witnessed a female taking a fall that resulted in a fractured spine, uttered "Oh my.......", casually turned around, took a drink out of a water bottle, and walked the opposite direction pretending like it never happened

and in the least surprising development of the day, week, month and year, Basebal disappoints absolutely no one by rushing in to defend him in his own very special tone-deaf way

you are a national treasure my friend

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    completely devoid of compassion Matthew Stafford witnessed a female taking a fall that resulted in a fractured spine, uttered "Oh my.......", casually turned around, took a drink out of a water bottle, and walked the opposite direction pretending like it never happened

and in the least surprising development of the day, week, month and year, Basebal disappoints absolutely no one by rushing in to defend him in his own very special tone-deaf way

you are a national treasure my friend

So he was supposed to fall to his knees crying because a stranger that he was standing feet away from fell off a stage at an event that has EMS on sight? Or was he supposed to all of a sudden turn into a paramedic.

Have you ever driven by a car accident you didnt pull over for? Ever seen an ambulance you ddint come running to help? Ever seen a kid fall off a bike and not come running to check them out? If the answer is yes to any of those then youre just like Stafford. Thats the standard some of you are trying to hold Stafford to

• Options

@Basebal21

are you truly that obtuse? no one said anything about him morphing into a paramedic to save the day. but you know what he could have done that's apparent to virtually everyone on planet earth except you? how about show an ounce of compassion by walking to the edge of the stage to check on her? you know, kinda like his wife did? kinda like every human being with a pulse except you and perhaps Rashee Rice would have done?

seriously, would your visceral reaction have been to walk away the way he did and not check on a female who could have easily died? i promise i'm not trying to insult you by asking this, i'm just genuinely curious..............what is wrong with you?

• Options

Stafford should have instinctively jumped to help like his wife did and that's the bottom line.

Any other suggestion is utter BS

It's called doing the right thing,

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^ you guys have it right here. it is pretty cold to not even go over and check on someone who took a pretty bad fall. I dont think anyone here is saying he needed to start cpr, but to casually walk away when you are just a few feet away? that is something that shows character, or the lack thereof.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited April 18, 2024 4:49PM

@galaxy27 said:
    @Basebal21

are you truly that obtuse? no one said anything about him morphing into a paramedic to save the day. but you know what he could have done that's apparent to virtually everyone on planet earth except you? how about show an ounce of compassion by walking to the edge of the stage to check on her? you know, kinda like his wife did? kinda like every human being with a pulse except you and perhaps Rashee Rice would have done?

seriously, would your visceral reaction have been to walk away the way he did and not check on a female who could have easily died? i promise i'm not trying to insult you by asking this, i'm just genuinely curious..............what is wrong with you?

Rice and the college player caused the accident driving like maniacs, its not remotely close to comparing someone just standing in a place. Had Stafford pushed them off then yes he should have done something, he was just standing there and was not responsible for what happened.

What was Stafford supposed to do that would have changed anything? Him taking a glance chances nothing. Major events have EMTs and security for a reason.

Anyone thats ever seen an accident and not pulled over to the accident is holding Stafford to a hire standard then themselves. I'm not obtuse I just dont hold people to unreasonable standards especially in situations that they didnt cause or couldnt do anything to help.

I especially wont do it when Stafford helped pay her medical bills, replaced her cameras, and had just been through the fact that his wife had brain surgery to remove a tumor not that long ago. A fall certainly wouldnt seem that serious after your wife had a 12 hour brain surgery to remove a tumor in the last 3 years.

• Options
  • Options

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:
    @Basebal21

Rice and the college player caused the accident driving like maniacs, its not remotely close to comparing someone just standing in a place. Had Stafford pushed them off then yes he should have done something, he was just standing there and was not responsible for what happened.

What was Stafford supposed to do that would have changed anything? Him taking a glance chances nothing. Major events have EMTs and security for a reason.

Anyone thats ever seen an accident and not pulled over to the accident is holding Stafford to a hire standard then themselves. I'm not obtuse I just dont hold people to unreasonable standards especially in situations that they didnt cause or couldnt do anything to help.

I especially wont do it when Stafford helped pay her medical bills, replaced her cameras, and had just been through the fact that his wife had brain surgery to remove a tumor not that long ago. A fall certainly wouldnt seem that serious after your wife had a 12 hour brain surgery to remove a tumor in the last 3 years.

Lol Stafford did that because of the backlash of the incident, and his wife with all her medical issues was the first to jump.in, that in itself should have nudged Stafford to at least offer help immediately then back off when medical staff arrived, it was a party it wasn't like they were right there to almost catch her for God sakes

Look I completely agree that this Rice incident is miles away different than the Stafford incident, Rice needs to be held accountable for his actions, Staffords situation was a moral test that he really didn't pass in many peoples opinions, nobody has ever suggested he gets in trouble for it, he just looked like a piece of crap.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:
    @Basebal21

Lol Stafford did that because of the backlash of the incident, and his wife with all her medical issues was the first to jump.in, that in itself should have nudged Stafford to at least offer help immediately then back off when medical staff arrived, it was a party it wasn't like they were right there to almost catch her for God sakes

Look I completely agree that this Rice incident is miles away different than the Stafford incident, Rice needs to be held accountable for his actions, Staffords situation was a moral test that he really didn't pass in many peoples opinions, nobody has ever suggested he gets in trouble for it, he just looked like a piece of crap.

Hopefully Rice does get held to the same standard a normal citizen would, but I wouldnt be surprised if it just ended up with civil lawsuit payments

Even calling it the Stafford incident has a negative connotation like he somehow caused it which isnt fair to him. He was just standing there not even really looking that way several feet away. He turned his head in that direction after the fall. Kelly was sober and wasnt the only one standing around the area with him. There was nothing he could have done that would have made a difference in the moment.

Its unfortunate she ended up backing up to much to try and get a picture that the Staffords werent even posing for but it was just a mistake on her part

I do agree that he was pretty much bullied into paying some of the bills which is far more than he ever needed to do. It is possible too that Kelly played a role in asking him to do it, she is a smart lady.

Hes getting singled out because hes rich and famous and just happened to be standing in the wrong place at a celebration. Theres plenty of reasons to dislike various athletes/celebrities, this isnt one of them.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 276 ✭✭✭

It was a bad look though no doubt. He seemed like he was just not in the mood for THAT. But he has to realize that sometimes you have to don your human skin and feign concern just like the rest of us have to on occasion.

Omg. Are you ok?

Can we get some help over here?

Point is. Stanford should not have been driving that float so recklessly.