Surprising auction result at Great Collections

124»

Comments

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@DisneyFan said:

@lermish said:

If I sell a coin for any reason, I want the most back I can get but I don't really care if I lose hundreds (or in some cases, thousands) of dollars on the resale of a coin. I don't view it as a "loss". Just like I wouldn't view airplane tickets or a new set of golf clubs or lift tickets or etc etc as a loss.

At least with coins, you can take a capital loss on your income tax returns.

In the coin game, yes, I'm fairly young I suppose... In my forties. And either fortunately or unfortunately I have plenty of capital losses to roll forward for many years without needing to involve my coin collection at all.

That's the advantage of youth. Wish I still had it.

• Options
    mikee999mikee999 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the buyer would be interested in buying this

:wink:

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erscolo said:
    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Sometimes that is a good thing,for the sellers.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:

@david3142 said:

@Cuprinkor said:
    I just checked GC's auction archives. Back in October 2021 there was a PCGS MS64 CAC 1881-S $1 that brought over $10,000(!!) including commission, obviously due to the color (all green).

Yes, that’s this one:

I own it now.

More like nuclear turquoise.

Glad they chose not to label it "The Green Goblin" villian of Spiderman comic lore.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file