Home Sports Talk
Options

Boston Red Sox are having numerous ups and downs this season

13»

Comments

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭✭

They keep losing players to the injured list. It seems that they lose at least a couple every month. There is no way they will make the playoffs that way so its almost time to say wait till next year as pretty soon they will be down to AAA players.

• Options

But just remember that the Red Sox are still in the race for the wild card in the American League and will have a good shot at it as they get some of their players back and manage to pick up 1 or 2 good players they could do well in the playoffs.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭

Theyve had a bunch of injuries, but so has pretty much everyone. With the shortended pitch clock, taking a lot of the sticky stuff away and super smooth balls pitchers are having to grip the balls harder which puts more stress on the elbow. Pitchers are dropping like flys around the league

• Options
    edited June 1, 2024 10:06PM

Oneill and Grissom go down on the injured list today.
    Valdez called up and hits 2 homers.
    Abreu and Valdez were the 2 players they got in return for Vazquez last year.
    Pretty good trade for the Red Sox.
    But they can't keep getting these injuries.

• Options

I am not sure it is quite time to throw in the towel on the Red Sox, The young players still want to win this year and are putting up a fight. I am not saying they are going to win the World Series but a lot of things can happen if the injuries stop happening and the young players keep getting better. As you say it's a marathon and it's only 9 miles into it and a key player or two that now has the lead can stumble in the next 16 miles.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are playing the worst team in baseball, no need to get over excited. Even with two wins, they're still 12.5 GB.
    The Yankees have won 8 in a row...hard to top that.

• Options

I know that for sure but the Yankees have also not lost any of their key hitters yet either like they do every year. Right now they are the team to beat in the Am league .
    I am not overly excited and just would like them to get some of their better players back from the IL to see what kind of play they are capable of playing beside making the games more excited to watch. The other teams are having injury problems too.

• Options

More injuries for both the Sox and Yankees, Yankees Soto has an arm injury and Sox reported leg injuries to Devers, Gonzales and Abreau.

• Options

The Red Sox are doing great and I love what. the rookies are doing.

• Options

Anybody ready to hop on the bandwagon with me yet? They are only 1/2 game out for the wild card are playing great baseball ! Duran and Rafaela are going to be superstars!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great come from behind W today

• Options

The Reds inept base running pretty much handed the game to the Red Sox, as they could easily have scored more runs. A W is a W, nontheless. A nice comeback win for the Sox.

The Japanese "star", aka Masa, continues to play poorly, when in fact his bat could have done more since wearing the Red Sox uniform. The Red Sox brilliant management is in for $105.4 million for this guy. They had to give the Japanese Orix $15.4 MILLION just for a posting fee, and add on the $90 MILLION for 5 and it boils down to this...so far the Red Sox have paid Masataka $8,555,555 OR $111,111 per game for 77 games. For this the Red Sox have gotten a DH with a paltry .228 BA and a whopping 14 RBIs, and TWO home runs. He's beginning to look like Matsuzaka, the big failure of years ago.

These perennial low productive contracts cripple the Red Sox team over the years.

No, I'm not on any bandwagon, and am not too thrilled that they're 1/2 back in the Wildcard. Right now that means almost nada. The numbers continue to show the team is in a very deep hole, a recent flash of wins does not mean they are on their way to success.

• Options

What about what the young guns are doing right now ? They are what we should be concentrating on and they will be around for the long term and are carrying the team. There are more of them in the minor leagues that look good. Outfielders are pretty much set now. The Yankees are starting to lose players to injuries as was expected would happen.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sox made me Money 💰 today

GO SOX!!!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    The Reds inept base running pretty much handed the game to the Red Sox, as they could easily have scored more runs. A W is a W, nontheless. A nice comeback win for the Sox.

The Japanese "star", aka Masa, continues to play poorly, when in fact his bat could have done more since wearing the Red Sox uniform. The Red Sox brilliant management is in for $105.4 million for this guy. They had to give the Japanese Orix $15.4 MILLION just for a posting fee, and add on the $90 MILLION for 5 and it boils down to this...so far the Red Sox have paid Masataka $8,555,555 OR $111,111 per game for 77 games. For this the Red Sox have gotten a DH with a paltry .228 BA and a whopping 14 RBIs, and TWO home runs. He's beginning to look like Matsuzaka, the big failure of years ago.

These perennial low productive contracts cripple the Red Sox team over the years.

No, I'm not on any bandwagon, and am not too thrilled that they're 1/2 back in the Wildcard. Right now that means almost nada. The numbers continue to show the team is in a very deep hole, a recent flash of wins does not mean they are on their way to success.

You are looking at numbers that are made up from early in the year that are not relevant with todays Red Sox. This team is working as one with Durant driving them. They are going to surprise all you doubters and kick some ass along the way.

• Options

The Red Sox are 9 games behind the Yankees and 7 1/2 back of Baltimore. Neither of these numbers are impossible to overcome with over half of the season left to play. The Sox are currently playing good baseball and still have more needed players coming off the injured list shortly. They are going to win this even though most of you are doubters.

• Options

You are looking at numbers that are made up from early in the year that are not relevant with todays Red Sox. This team is working as one with Durant driving them. They are going to surprise all you doubters and kick some ass along the way.

No, the numbers are all factual and not "made up", came from stats as of two days ago. I have no clue what you're talking about. And YES, they are relevant, as Masa is yet another overpaid and underperforming acquistion by the Red Sox.
    If he, as the DH had just gotten a few more key hits, the Red Sox would be in a much better position. Isn't the DH, the DH because of his hitting skills? I don't call 14 RBIs and 2 HRs in 78 games for what he's getting paid, much more than a minor league player.

No, they are not going to win much of anything. You are OBSESSED with this team. I do find it odd that when the team was playing poorly, you said nothing, no comment, no thoughts on why they weren't playing well. Now, when they're on a bit of a roll, you're a big cheerleader, claiming now "they are going to win this..." We'll see.

• Options

I like their chances!
    I know there are not many who believe in them but I do!
    I know about all of the dumb moves they have made over the years.
    I also have made some comments on individual bad performances about specific failures.
    I am in favor of using Matsu as trade bait and putting Devers in his place.
    I'm sure we could pick up a 3rd baseman, who can field, for him.
    Put Rafaela at SS and leave him there as we have enough outfielders.
    As you say, we shall see!

• Options
    edited June 24, 2024 10:16PM

Rafaela and Duran and all the other kids made it happen again!
    They are on fire.
    Great game tonight!

• Options

I agree, it was a great game. I didn't watch all of it, but I saw most of the comeback.

Toronto looked pretty bad, other than the hr by Jr, losing 7 in a row can't be fun.

• Options

Toronto has a pretty good outfielder that used to play for the Red Sox that they could get about now for Matsu because they are going nowhere this year.

• Options

Bryan Bello has all the hardware to pitch in the major leagues but he does not have the software to handle a sticky situation. He needs to go back to the minors for some re-training. He could become a great pitcher if he learns how to control his brain! Cora left him in to see if he could get himself out of a sticky situation and he failed. It's called learning the hard way.