Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Origin of "Westchester Currency Collection"?

Auction part 4 of the Westchester Currency Collection was held yesterday by Heritage. I can't find any descriptive writeup on the origin of the collection, as is often provided as part of the promotion of an auction. Does anyone know when this collection was formed? By a single collector? Or is it just a fictitious name for an amalgamation of material from dealers?

Comments

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2024 7:15AM

No, I believe that it belongs to an actual, real individual, a resident of Westchester County, NY.

My understanding is that the collection was put together over the past 15-20 years. I had intended to watch and bid on a few items but forgot. Too busy with taxes. Much of the material already sold has been reoffered on Ebay and I've been picking up a few pieces here and there.

Anyone else here buy anything interesting?

I bought this one yesterday on Ebay and presume that it was in a lot from the Westchester collection.

Anyone know how to save this photo from a WEBP file? I haven't been able to figure that one out.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • MAM0912MAM0912 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

I first opened the image to full size using the arrow indicator in the upper right and then downloaded the .webp file. Then when to open the file, I was presented multiple choices and chose Photos. It opened and then right clicked to 'Save As" and changed the format to .jpg.

Marty

US Obsoletes esp NJ, WEB Notes,

National Iron Bank of Morristown (#1113) and Irish Currency
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent information. Thank you for the tip.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.