Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Nicely toned PCGS graded V Nickels (1891 & 1911) + 1883 No Cent raw

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 27, 2024 7:51AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1891 V Nickel PCGS 64, asking $350, great luster and cartwheel, toned in rust and lavender undertones that interplay to provide wonderful eye appeal. Nicely struck, details on right corn ear is noteworthy. A PQ piece all the way around.

1911 V nickel PCGS 63 asking $140 for outstanding eye appeal. Coin is all there , needing a tilt just so to see the spectrum of color on Truview.

1883 “No Cent” asking $55, nice clean surfaces. Coin is white, tint is function of lighting

Comments

• Options

Mouthwatering!

• Options
    edited April 17, 2024 5:58AM

Originally purchased PCGS53 (insert available) and part of my 7070 for many years, PCGS deemed the coin AU details - Cleaned when I transitioned my album to registry. Toned in hues of amber, brown and green, I would assess the coin to be slightly darker in hand than the Truview suggests. I was committed to resubmitting with CU renewal but subsequently found a piece that is a better fit for overall set.

Asking $400 shipped REDCUED TO $345. SOLD Can take PPF, check or MO.

• Options
    edited April 27, 2024 7:50AM

1927-P SLQ, asking $55, SOLD nice circulated piece surprisingly chatter free. Feathers on right wing are a bit stronger than photo depicts.

• Options
    edited April 27, 2024 7:50AM

SOLd 1915-D ANACS45, asking $175 for stunning toning. While clearly there is flatness on back leg, I think ANACS was strict or inconsistent in giving an XF grade given the retained luster and outstanding eye appeal. Periphery coloration made of bands of vibrant gold/green/purple bands on both side of coin, with central portions taking on a violet to blue tint.

SOLD 1913 T2 Buffalo Nickel ICG63, asking $115 for outstanding eye appeal. Obverse has gold toned periphery that nicely frames violet to amber central portions, with a reverse that transitions from gold to natural nickel. It is a later die state piece with some interesting clashes.

SOLD 1927 Buffalo Nickel, raw, asking $170 for outstanding eye appeal. Violet coloration dominate obverse fields, and are also present on reverse fields, although perhaps a tad less pronounced. Devices have taken on a largely icy blue toning. Very pleasant, and if you scroll through HA archives and Coinfacts, you will see this date does take on this very attractive toning pattern. I would characterize the strike as normal for date, perhaps slightly above average. The ticks on indian neck, above the hair braid and on buffalo's body preclude an uber grade, but do not detract from overall eye appeal in the slightest