Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox Trevor Story out for season. Shoulder surgery Friday.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a terrible signing. guy is made of glass. Chris Sale 2.0

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭

They lost another pitcher today as well. Devers still can't stop. a ball hit right at him either.
    I am glad I have other teams to watch on the MLB channels to change to when the sox are not doing well.
    Bello does not impress me either.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

This Story guy is just not working out

• Options

Trevor Story has given his 100% .
    His injury was when he gave his all for the sox.
    That is more than I can say for some of the others.

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Trevor Story has given his 100% .
    His injury was when he gave his all for the sox.
    That is more than I can say for some of the others.

Sure, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he has been a MASSIVE waste of money.

He couldn't hit last year and now he gets hurt, it's nice that he put "Effort" in but it was a horrible signing

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adios TWENTY SIX MILLION, SIX HUNDRED SIXTY SIX THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED SIXTY SIX $$$

Prior to joining the Red Sox on a six-year, $160 million contract in 2022, Story was viewed as a relatively dependable fixture in the middle infield — logging at least 140 games in his previous four non-COVD-shortened seasons with Colorado.
    But since arriving in Boston, Story has only appeared in 145 total games with the Red Sox — a stat that may be fixed in place until March or April 2025. For reference, Xander Bogaerts logged 155 games in his first season alone with the San Diego Padres in 2023.

Story only played 94 games in his first season with Boston due to several injuries, including a concussion. His chances of putting together a bounce-back year fell to the wayside when he had to undergo major surgery to repair the UCL in his throwing elbow in January 2023.

As a result of that shoulder procedure, Story did not make his 2023 season debut until August — ultimately playing in just 43 games.

Finally handed a clean bill of health entering 2024 spring training, Story looked like the All-Star talent that Boston hoped he’d be during Grapefruit League action. He batted .380 with three home runs and 14 RBI over 19 games during spring training while playing strong defense at short.

Over eight games this year, Story batted .226 with three doubles and four RBI while continuing to play elite defense at shortstop.

Story needed time to collect his thoughts when asked about the frustration of losing another season of playing time.

“Missing last season, you feel that,” Story said. “You miss your teammates. You miss playing the game. You just know what it takes. I’ll be all right. … The frustration of battling this injury thing over the last few years, it’s something I hung my hat on in my career is being able to play.

“That hasn’t been the case the last couple of years. I just love this game, man. I put my heart and soul into it. I just feel bad.”

The Red Sox already knew he had "health issues", but, yet again, they give this guy an incredible contract. Wouldn't it have been more prudent to keep Bogaerts, whatever the cost? A known commodity, a fan fave, and like those before him, have been lost to other teams where they have excelled. The list is long and sad to read.

He just feels bad...I suspect getting that monster check every two weeks will provide enough "tylenol" to assuage his discomfort.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add Story to the pile: Lugo, Crawford, Panda, Diasuke, JD Drew, Lackey, rusney castillo.

ughhh. we should have paid up and kept mookie

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

While we're tipping down memory lane...

Here's a list of the WORST trades in Red Sox franchise history. Yes, it starts with Babe Ruth, but as you read on through the drama, you learn things that most people either didn't, or never knew. I suggest you click the link in the Verdugo thread to read about his shenanigans in LA. You will then CLEARLY SEE, what a real and total POS this guy was. His bogus comments about the "incident" at a Hampton Inn, and his unthinkable lack of helping an UNDERAGE girl speak volumes of what a loser this punk is. To think this guy came to Boston and Mookie Betts went to LA is truly stunning beyond words. Jeter Downs and Connor Wong were part of the deal.

You may need a stiff drink for this one!

https://bosoxinjection.com/2020/03/18/boston-red-sox-worst-trades-history/9/

• Options

OK, Ive seen enough to guarantee the sox are not going to LOSE in their bid for another last place finish as long as they have play like I saw last night !
    I'm glad I have the MLB package to watch other teams to watch beside the Red Sox as I have never seen such a classic example of a poorly managed team . Cora needs to go as bad play is on his shoulders!

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    OK, Ive seen enough to guarantee the sox are not going to LOSE in their bid for another last place finish as long as they have play like I saw last night !
    I'm glad I have the MLB package to watch other teams to watch beside the Red Sox as I have never seen such a classic example of a poorly managed team . Cora needs to go as bad play is on his shoulders!

It's honestly a shame that the management has very little interest in trying to make this team as competitive as can be

• Options
    edited April 12, 2024 7:21AM

Keep sending the winners to other teams...make little to no effort to improve the team with INTELLIGENT trades...keep bozo (the cheater) Cora at the helm. Hamstring the new guy so that he works "within the paraemeters we've given him".
    Think Bogaerts would have missed 2nd base? Not a chance. Hamilton should be sent down to single A.

RESULTS? Pathetically obvious. Now tied with the Rays for 3rd place, and soon to be 4th.

SWEPT IN THE HOME OPENER!! WOW.

P A T H E T I C