Homeβ€Ί Q & A Forum

1893 Morgan silver dollar - Do you think any one would buy it?

JWPJWP Posts: 20,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this 1893 no MM Morgan and wonder if someone thinks it is worth trying to sell. It has been plugged and thus the mint mark is gone. It is a great example of a Morgan dollar that has PMD/damage. I acquired it around 7 years ago and have tried unsuccessfully to find a clue to its real MM. Just wonder if anyone thinks it is worth the time to try and sell it? Just think this Morgan could be a P or a S or a O or a CC. Funny comments are acceptable because I bought it and probably deserve them too. So have fun and if you have a comment feel free to use both barrels. Thanks in advance. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ₯ΆπŸ€“πŸ€’

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Best Answers

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

I say re-drill the hole and use it as a key fob. You be stylin!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• JWPJWP Posts: 20,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

I saw a 1893 just like this one on Ebay for $161. If i decided to sell mine, I would sell it for less than that. Thank for the comment.

• JWPJWP Posts: 20,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. :)

Answers

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭

Engrave an S at the appropriate location, include that info in the Ebay listing and sell for $5K. LOL