Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eyesight or coin photography, "I get it", but can anyone explain this dilemma ?

emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have one of this pin. I was just fooling around taking pic's of it and "wala". This happened. I have no answers, do you ?

Comments

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what to do:

• Options

• Options

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should explain to you why all your pictures with all your imagined features are nonsense.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually think it's a little instructive on how lighting can show - or hide - certain features. This helps explain how some people are convinced they see something that isn't there (or don't see something that is there).

• Options

Sorry...no offense intended. I couldn't resist.

For me this is might be one of those moments of lucidity from Emerald.

Or maybe I'm starting to understand the method to his madness. 😱

• Options

@JBK said:
    I actually think it's a little instructive on how lighting can show - or hide - certain features. This helps explain how some people are convinced they see something that isn't there (or don't see something that is there).

Your statement holds water and I agree it's instructive to all who depend on their camera to enhance their view of the subject. I am aware of using a light source in many photo's with each photo showing a different aspect of the coin, when an image catches my eye.
    This was a complete ("What the truck is that") surprise. The photo made me fall out of my chair, then I rolled to the door jam
    to man up for a good min. Only 4 pics were taken when something told me, hey look here.
    My camera set up is a work in progress with no exact way to get what i'm trying to capture in a photo.
    This was so clear and present I had to pin it up here to ask if this has ever been done with anyone's professional camera set up. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Instructive, yes, but is it an exact science ?
    Weird.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    This should explain to you why all your pictures with all your imagined features are nonsense.

Someone has to do it .
    Next man up ?

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    This was so clear and present I had to pin it up here to ask if this has ever been done with anyone's professional camera set up. Thanks for your thoughts.

I suspect that you're figuring out (and demonstrating) that photographs can lie. That is, intentionally or unintentionally, a photograph can be taken in such a way as to portray, enhance or conceal some particular feature.

• Options

@emeraldATV said:

@JBK said:
    I suspect that you're figuring out (and demonstrating) that photographs can lie. That is, intentionally or unintentionally, a photograph can be taken in such a way as to portray, enhance or conceal some particular feature.

@emeraldATV said:

Good Point.
    Nevermind...........

• Options

Gotta go now.
    I have to see a man about a horse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file