Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Another very cool error

I want to wait until I get this one in hand before I get too excited. But I think PCGS was right sort of. The star is hard to see but the right side suffix star is missing. Thanks Sam

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool note 👍

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see the guy on the forklift side swiping the press and looking around to see if anyone noticed. 😬

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool error note.
    I’ve magnified your image and I’m unable to see a star at the end. It’s definitely within the range of replacement notes for this series and district. I’m unable to see anything after the last “2”. Somehow, the grading company saw something or they wouldn’t have noted it on the holder.

• Options
    mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

I have it in hand and the right side star is there just hard to see. Sam

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much better photos, thanks.
    I can see it now on both serial numbers.

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I can see the star at the end of the left serial, but not at the end of the top right serial. Is the star there at the end of the top right serial number?

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TennisCoach said:
    I can see the star at the end of the left serial, but not at the end of the top right serial. Is the star there at the end of the top right serial number?

It is, it’s just faint because of the black printing underneath.

God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2024 6:46AM

Nice error. Thanks for posting.