Home Precious Metals
Options

Shine on you crazy silver....

tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the actual Pink Floyd words are 'shine on you crazy diamond'. But with lots of attention going to gold's performance right now, let's not forget lowly silver is showing quite a flash right now also. B)

The poor man's gold! :)

----- kj

Comments

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 75 ✭✭

    It's about d**n time!

    Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love being in the gutter today.

  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2024 12:35PM

    @jmski52 said:
    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    In the last year. You can always buy a loaf of bread with a silver dime.

  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2024 1:10PM

    Love this run-up, but I'm preparing myself for the inevitable super smack down.

    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

    "“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

    "I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jmski52 said:
    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    Past week, how about the past decades? LOL gutter is back where it was 2 years ago, half what it was a decade and a half ago, half of what it was 4.5 decades ago. RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Options

    "Sail on, sail on silver."
    -Jimmy

    The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

  • Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

    Last 5 years or so silver prices had some disappointing times but I was able to add a boatload of 90% and a bunch of bars and rounds. Was also smart enough to buy some Pre-33 gold and modern bullion. It’s always Nice to feel like u made a smart investment decision.
    Mike

    MIKE B.

  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    @jmski52 said:
    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    Past week, how about the past decades? LOL gutter is back where it was 2 years ago, half what it was a decade and a half ago, half of what it was 4.5 decades ago. RGDS!

    You seem to buy poorly. I have never lost money on it.

  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yikes..,,.,. up over 4% right now.,,.., over $27. But yes, expect the obligatory smackdown at some time.

    ----- kj
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Clackamas1 said:

    @blitzdude said:

    @jmski52 said:
    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    Past week, how about the past decades? LOL gutter is back where it was 2 years ago, half what it was a decade and a half ago, half of what it was 4.5 decades ago. RGDS!

    You seem to buy poorly. I have never lost money on it.

    Who lost money? Certainly not me....I just made much more elsewhere....and...That's why they call it life in the gutter. RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Clackamas1 said:

    @jmski52 said:
    Percentage-wise, silver has been killin' it, compared to gold for the past week at least.

    In the last year. You can always buy a loaf of bread with a silver dime.

    Not a kneaders :D
    About 3 sliver dimes.

  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

    When I was a kid (late 80s) our city's motto was Shine On! We even had a neat song about it...I wish someone had a copy and could put it on YouTube or something...

    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    Who lost money? Certainly not me....I just made much more elsewhere....and...That's why they call it life in the gutter. RGDS!

    So you'd consider Yukon Cornelius an even worse traitor than Benedict Arnold or Benerick Pitino? After all he originally wanted gold but then he changed his mind!

    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Game on boys!!

    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

    Waiting for the CME margin requirement to rise.

  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Spot $27.66 USD

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Spot $27.66 USD

    I believe you mean Comex May Futures.

    Spot is around $27.27

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

    there are no man-made silvers. truth.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is 2024 the year silver hits $30 again?

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Still underpriced but these levels are shaking it out.

  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Now above $28.... !

    I remember some disappointed posters awhile back were saying if silver gets back to $28... they were going to dump it.

    How many of you are doing so?

    ----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Or are you going to keep on the ride, for how ever long it goes?

    ----- kj
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

    $40 is my tipping point. I’m running out of room in my safe!

    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    Oh Snap! :roll #GoIndia THKS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Oh Snap! :troll

    Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    I would've thought they'd want gold...but I guess they changed their mind!

    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    Didn't silver price peak during those spikes?

    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

    India has always liked silver, and gold as well. Silver consumption is up, production is down. India is only one factor in the rising price of silver right now. China is after all of the commodities, including silver. Solar panel and weapons production are also significant factors.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Remember April 2011? This reminds me of that 30% move up.

    $35 silver by the end of the month? o:)

  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2024 5:13AM

    I kinda ignored 2011, but I note that some of the collectible bullion coins that I bought in 2012 are lower mintage, and have premiums because of that.

    $35 silver by month’s end is possible in this environment.

    I’m wondering if high spot prices are going to result in a few scarcities down the road.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pmbugpmbug Posts: 75 ✭✭

    @Estil said:

    I would've thought they'd want gold...but I guess they changed their mind!

    Pretty sure they are buying both.

    Yelling at clouds on pmbug.com

  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's starting to really run.......

    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

    "“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

    "I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DoubleEagle59 said:
    It's starting to really run.......

    Sure looks like it. $29.58..... something sure seems to be in play.

    And those who declared they would dump all they had when it reached $27 - $28.... should be very happy now to be rid of the barbarous metal.

    ----- kj
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

    I know GutterBoy has a a bunch of 2011 era SAE rolls he's had death grip on for many years :)


    Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @tincup said:

    @DoubleEagle59 said:
    It's starting to really run.......

    Sure looks like it. $29.58..... something sure seems to be in play.

    And those who declared they would dump all they had when it reached $27 - $28.... should be very happy now to be rid of the barbarous metal.

    I got thousands of ounces of gutter, both physical and paper. The paper sells with the click of a button, the physical you have to find someone dumb enough to buy it. I have some recent sales on CL @ +$4 on ASE but it's not like they are lining up to buy. RGDS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

  • Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Happiness is ..... NOT BEING IN A COIN SHOP TODAY !!! :D

  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    I got thousands of ounces of gutter, both physical and paper. The paper sells with the click of a button, the physical you have to find someone dumb enough to buy it. I have some recent sales on CL @ +$4 on ASE but it's not like they are lining up to buy. RGDS!

    What a hypocrite!! Here you were telling us over and over and over how the so-called "gutter metal" was beneath you! And for the record I am not "dumb". Just really tapped out until those damn unclaimed property checks arrive... :(

    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @FrankH said:
    Happiness is ..... NOT BEING IN A COIN SHOP TODAY !!! :D

    I can vouch for that, today was very busy with people selling :D

    I don’t particularly like buying at these prices, but this bar was cool enough to make me go ahead and pull the trigger one more time on 100 ounces…

    This vintage bar came in today and I couldn’t pass it up. Plus, I got $.50 under! B)>:)

  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Killer bar @asheland.
    Man, you have had a great couple of weeks. Some monster gold newps and now that JM brick.
    Way to go, bud!

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Downtown1974 said:
    Killer bar @asheland.
    Man, you have had a great couple of weeks. Some monster gold newps and now that JM brick.
    Way to go, bud!

    Thanks man. 👍 B)

  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @blitzdude said:

    @tincup said:

    @DoubleEagle59 said:
    It's starting to really run.......

    Sure looks like it. $29.58..... something sure seems to be in play.

    And those who declared they would dump all they had when it reached $27 - $28.... should be very happy now to be rid of the barbarous metal.

    I got thousands of ounces of gutter, both physical and paper. The paper sells with the click of a button, the physical you have to find someone dumb enough to buy it. I have some recent sales on CL @ +$4 on ASE but it's not like they are lining up to buy. RGDS!

    .

    You bought silver, apparently.
    So you are dumb ?

    PS:
    $4 over on Silver Eagles seems high right now. My local coin shops sell at about +$3.

    .

  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dcarr said:

    @blitzdude said:

    @tincup said:

    @DoubleEagle59 said:
    It's starting to really run.......

    Sure looks like it. $29.58..... something sure seems to be in play.

    And those who declared they would dump all they had when it reached $27 - $28.... should be very happy now to be rid of the barbarous metal.

    I got thousands of ounces of gutter, both physical and paper. The paper sells with the click of a button, the physical you have to find someone dumb enough to buy it. I have some recent sales on CL @ +$4 on ASE but it's not like they are lining up to buy. RGDS!

    .

    You bought silver, apparently.
    So you are dumb ?

    PS:
    $4 over on Silver Eagles seems high right now. My local coin shops sell at about +$3.

    .

    Yup, I was an idiot. Certainly not one of my better investments. THKS!

    The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Sign In or Register to comment.