Home U.S. Coin Forum

Received in change tonight

BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭

Stopped by a 7-11 on the way home from work tonight. Got these in change. Wnder how many more like these were in the drawer.


US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice change finds. :)

    My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

    Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • epcepc Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭

    A co-worker showed me a 1945-S dime he got in change a couple weeks ago. Today, the same guy showed me a 1910 nickel he received in change last week. I need to go through the cash register where he shops...

    Collector of Liberty Seated Half Dimes, including die pairs and die states

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Like to see those "wild" finds.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2024 8:10PM

    @braddick said:

    @epc said:
    A co-worker showed me a 1945-S dime he got in change a couple weeks ago. Today, the same guy showed me a 1910 nickel he received in change last week. I need to go through the cash register where he shops...

    Pro Tip:
    Let the owner know what your intentions are before doing so.

    And hope they understand English.

    I've been there before, receiving old Lincolns in change and seeing old Lincolns in the cents bin in the cash register. The clerk didn't understand any English even though he had worked there near Homestead AFB for years, so I couldn't negotiate a deal exchanging cents. Frustrating.

    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Everyone who I see daily all know me by name and why i look right away if not busy.
    When you receive your change, look at it closely on the spot, and mention you collect coins. That's all.
    Got milk?
    I hear they have, 2 slices of pizza and a med Slurpee, on sale for three dollars.
    Coffee, coffee coffee, coffee.
    Cool finds.
    Good things come to those who wait.

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wat nice, love the 1925 s

  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A few weeks ago I saw a 1964 quarter in the bank teller’s change tray and asked for it. He had no idea what it was.

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • JRGeyerJRGeyer Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

    Nice finds! Getting an old coin back in your change is the purest feeling in this hobby!

  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @oreville said:
    A few weeks ago I saw a 1964 quarter in the bank teller’s change tray and asked for it. He had no idea what it was.

    I love when I see obvious silver halves in the teller tray and the teller tells me they are glad someone is finally taking them so they don't have to count them every night. If only they knew. Rather, I am glad they are oblivious.

    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @SaorAlba said:

    @oreville said:
    A few weeks ago I saw a 1964 quarter in the bank teller’s change tray and asked for it. He had no idea what it was.

    I love when I see obvious silver halves in the teller tray and the teller tells me they are glad someone is finally taking them so they don't have to count them every night. If only they knew. Rather, I am glad they are oblivious.

    Even better!

    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file