Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Disc Golf Cards

Anyone collect disc golf cards and know anything about the issues and print runs? I can’t find much outside of the limited runs yearly sold through dgpt and some other randoms.

Comments

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭

I opened a 2 Relic boxes of 2024 DGPT and 20 some foil packs. I have 2 Relic boxes and 80 packs remaining. They sold out pretty quickly this year - same as last. The cards are not worth a lot and I still know very little about the print runs (DGPT used to release player sets and I think 2022 was the first year I saw packs).

Relic Boxes

• 15 12-card packs.
    • 1 Relic (a tournament used disc piece) it's actually not as silly as I thought it would be.
    • 180 cards total.

Base Cards (115; Top 75 MPO & Top 40 FPO)

Each Pack has a random insert from:

• Chrome (1 in 2 packs)
    • Rainbow (1 in 5 packs)
    • Rainbow Sand (1 in 12 packs)
    • DGPT One of One Stamp Variant in 4 Foil Options (1 in 30 packs)
    • Event Champions (1 in 3 packs)
    • All-Star Card (1 in 4 packs)
    • Monochrome Selects (1 in 8 packs)
    • Movement Series (1 in 10 packs)
    • End-of-Season Awards (1 in 10 packs)
    • Hero Series (1 in 12 packs)
    • Hero Series Signed Variant (1 in 280 packs)
    • Signature Series (1 in 22 packs)
    • Signature Series One of One Gold Variant (1 in 560 Packs)
    • Kristen Tattar Grand Slam Insert (1 in 244 cases which would also be 1 in 3,660 packs)

The numbers are a little confusing for me to understand, but it seems like there are either 14,000 packs produced total or 308,000 packs produced total. Anyways...

The Relic Box did not contain 15 12-card packs. The pack the Relic card is in only has one other card, and it's a different size. So, if anyone is buying one of these via resale, be aware of that as someone might open the box and take it out and put in another pack etc.

I was able to collate 1 base set.

I could collate a 2nd base set minus 1 card (Ezra Robinson)
    I could collate a 3rd and 4th base set minus 3 cards (Ezra Robinson, Chris Clemons, Ben Calloway)

I pulled the following inserts.

25 Chrome /75 Inserts
    10 Rainbow /25 Inserts
    7 Rainbow Sand /5 Inserts
    3 DGPT One of One Stamp Variations (Gold, Rainbow, Silver - I am assuming these are the names but I don't know... one could be wacky melon or something)
    12 All-Star Cards
    20 Event Champions
    6 End-of-Season Awards
    6 Movement Series
    2 Signature Series /25 (Tattar and Robinson)
    3 Monochrome Series
    4 Hero Series
    2 Relics (Brodie Smith and Anthony Barela)

My favorites were the Hero cards. I'll get those auto'd by the player and artist.

Now for some pretty pictures.

Below Movement: Ricky Wysocki & Monochrome: Kristin Tattar

Below
    1st Row: /5 Rainbow Sand Wysocki, /25 Rainbow Tattar, /75 Chrome Sexton
    2nd Row: All-Star Lizotte, PCS Open Champions McBeth & Tattar, 2023 Tour Champion Wysocki

Base

It was a lot of fun opening these and checking out the cards. I thought it was pretty cool.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

I learned something new.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I was putting these away and I noticed that on the Barela Hero card that is the fountain at Fountain Park in Fountain Hills, AZ. There is a pretty neat disc golf course there in a horse-shoe shape around the park. When we were there over Spring Break this year with the kids I took them to that park to play a few holes but unfortunately it was way too windy that day.

Fun fact #1. The pond is full of treated sewer water and the chemicals they use to treat it make it pretty nasty, so avoid when the fountain is on when the wind is blowin' - or keep your mouth closed at the very least. ;)

Fun fact #2. I've heard that it's so corrosive that houses in the area have been damaged quite a bit from the wind-blown spray.

Fun fact #3. About 45 minutes north of that area there is a bar called the Buffalo Chip Saloon, which I'm sure some are familiar with already. It's in Cave Creek, which is a great spot for hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, etc.. I had not been there in probably 30 years... with my own parents. I had not thought about it for years, but it's an interesting bar for a Packers fan because it was owned by Max McGee (1st TD catch in a Super Bowl). It's a fun spot. We stopped in after a hike and it still had a lot of Packers stuff and it is still considered Lambeau West. I didn't know that it had burned down in 2016 and was rebuilt. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay for the bull riding that evening - next time. It's a cool spot if you're ever in the area.

• Options

I’m watching the final round of the Preserve Championship in Clearwater MN today off and on. I was reminded of a MLB connection here on hole 4. Hole 4 at the tournament is sponsored by Paul Molitor. Moli is Cale Leviska’s uncle. Preserve is a course designed and run by Cale who is not playing this weekend. Hole 10 is sponsored by Joe Mauer.