Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB -- Where to find bourse display cases?

I have done basic due diligence. I see Transline and a few odd cases here and there (eBay, Amazon, etc.), but I am looking for any others I may have missed. There seem to be various makes/makers I am seeing on the bourse floors that don't show up routinely in searches.

Any ideas . . . or any standard size cases out there I could purchase other than the $175/ea variety at Transline???

Looking for longer-term, sturdier cases.

Any ideas welcome . . . my appreciation!

Drunner

Comments

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

All-State. They make them.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    ScootersdadScootersdad Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

consider used

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes . . definitely considering used as well. I have approached the lcs's and put the word out in the area . . but nothing yet.

I will look at All-State.

Thanks . . . . .

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were buying showcases again, I would buy the Christal Clear Showcases. They have more viewing area and look exceptional.
    https://ccshowcases.com/

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of All State cases that I could sell. Only used 4 or 5 times. PM me if interested.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Thanks gentlemen!

• Options

Gents . . thanks to all and sorry to tie us a spot on the BST. I think I have several options . . . just looking at shipping costs and convenience factor if I go used, as well as the obvious advantages of Chrystal and AllState.

I sent a couple PM responses, and I will have some options.

My sincere thanks!!!!!!

Drunner

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2024 11:25PM

I know a guy looking to sell 3 Allstate cases in Arizona. $75 each.
    Not sure where you are.
    His were priced right for local pickup. Shipping might be more than the case price.

• Options
    Wolfgang427Wolfgang427 Posts: 412 ✭✭
    edited April 3, 2024 10:00AM

Where u located? I have 4 gold Allstate showcases with handles and all 4 keyed alike. LMK I'm in NJ across NYC. All so have a bodybag if you do shows for security lock up.

• Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Aluminum Acrylic Clear Top Display Locking Travel Case Trading Coin/Card/Jewelry

Sunny Collecting Supplies
    (42069)
    99.8% positive Seller's other items Seller's other items Contact seller

US $119.99/ea

I have had all kinds of compliments on these cases .. i have 3 . you can't go wrong...

jim

• Options

And the case of choice is ............................................

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options

OK . . . . you guys were simply as expected . . . . superb!!!!! In a frustrated move, I decided on a rare post here, and wow . . . . a series of very helpful responses. Advantages in several areas, and I have weighed pros and cons, and personal data in PMs and here in the OP as well. Seriously, the opportunity to tap into the experience here was something I had never considered, and when I did, all of you did NOT disappoint!

I have seen the acrylics, and like them, and yes . . . the AllState and Transline traditional cases are ones I have used and rented for the past 10 years. My desire to purchase has been fueled by an impending (maybe a year or two) retirement from my day-gig (45 year English teacher/coach) . . . and desire to expand to do a few more shows here and there.

Final deal not quite done yet . . . but looking like it will be. I had an offer (I would mention the poster, but I should probably finish the deal and then ask him if I can publicly thank him first). Complexities are the wholesaler v. collector thing/pricing, shipping costs and hassles, and boxes, storage, and transport considerations.

The verdict? Looks like the Transline 'traditional' case in silver. I could get them with the hinge on the 'short side', no obtrusive handle, and in my specific situation, they will fit the bill.

I have followed through with calls to AllState, Chrystal, Transline, Arizonacases, and several posters here . . . and have truly appreciated the help. Little did I know I would go from no options at all and thinking I could just throw my slabs on a bare wood table (no, this is kidding) . . . to experienced collectors and dealers here willing to overturn heaven and earth to help me with 6 options!!!

My sincere thanks. I'll post over on the main US site with my official 'thanks' when I finish this up! (I want to get this off of the BST page).

You guys (and gals) are super. I have seen past threads and incidents for decades here where the Board really rallies to provide assistance in so many ways . . . . and I feel very 'blessed' to be a recipient of your expertise and opinions.

Now . . . back to parking lot finds and CAC . . . . . . . . . .

Drunner

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

How easy is it to transport these things if you are flying to a show?

• Options

@davewesen said:
    How easy is it to transport these things if you are flying to a show?

Not easy if you are flying. It is cheaper to rent the cases if you must fly to a show.