Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What kind error is this? 1943 Jefferson

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

Lamination? I'm not real sure what this is. I've had it for years and just rediscovered it in my junk coin stash. Thanks for your inputs/opinions!

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes - Lamination! And a nice one to boot.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great lamination example. Very nice.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the lamination column.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 7:52PM

Now that I'm looking at it again, what about a delamination?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

That bas always bugged me.
    Coin lamination vs delamination:
    These terms describing the errors seem absolutely incongruous with the faults observed with these coins. Lamination is the process of joining two thin materials together. Delamination is the process of splitting apart of laminated layers. A failure of the adhesive joining the layers.
    I think, if I'm right, the terms have been used interchangeably many times for the type failing of the OP's coin. JMO
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

detached lamination

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file