Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1937-d three legged buffalo up for sale on ebay, comments please!

BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 28, 2024 2:29AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Currrently up for sale on ebay current bid up to $152 and 16 bids ( or maybe I should say bidiots)

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Comments

• Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fool and his money. Pay with fake money on a fake coin.

Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 3:30AM

Two different reverse photos should be a dead giveaway. I do find humor in the second reverse photos since it appears the buffalo is taking a dump.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

You already know where this and other counterfeit listings you post about can be found on eBay. Please provide links, so those of us who want to report them can do so without having to search for them.

If, by chance, you don't know how to copy and paste links, ask a friend or family member - I'm sure you could master it quickly.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:
    You already know where this and other counterfeit listings you post about can be found on eBay. Please provide links, so those of us who want to report them can do so without having to search for them.

If, by chance, you don't know how to copy and paste links, ask a friend or family member - I'm sure you could master it quickly.

HERE IS IS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305467310429?epid=170454860&itmmeta=01HT260C2BBDT2WHRDJ23RX8ED&hash=item471f45415d:g:rKIAAOSw0ddl~Rkr

a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BUFFNIXX said:

@MFeld said:

HERE IS IS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305467310429?epid=170454860&itmmeta=01HT260C2BBDT2WHRDJ23RX8ED&hash=item471f45415d:g:rKIAAOSw0ddl~Rkr

Thanks very much. Reported to eBay and message sent to seller in case he doesn't know.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller pulled it ;)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for caring @MFeld ... Good job!

• Options

Glad it was pulled. I think this coin is one of the most often encountered fakes that you can find online any day of the week.
    Many times i find that the seller is just an uniformed collector who got hosed a long time ago and may not even remember where it came from. But in this case 16 bidders were not the lucky one to get this "co n" (coin without the i ) And some sellers that know what they are doing can get really nasty too!

a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only is it a piece of crap, its a piece of crap

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file