Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How long does it take usually for Great Collections to ship out packages after been paid?

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2024 6:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Just curious won my first coin from them and was simply wondering.

I know Heritage can take up to 2 weeks but it it is usually faster based on previous coins I won from them.

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options

@Catbert said:
    If you pay Sunday night, they'll ship Monday and you'll get the coin in 2-4 days from my experience.

Paid yesterday but as mentioned was just curious.

• Options

With the long weekend coming for Easter I rather they would just ship it after on April 2nd.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe once I had to wait until after the next weekend. Usually get them during the week right after the auction ends.

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Extremely fast

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally 2 days for me, and occasionally even quicker.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very quickly. I’ve only had mine not be shipped Monday once.

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll add here that the one time I had to wait over the next weekend, they sent a notice that they were getting things out later than usual. I still got it the next Monday/Tues.

• Options

Nothing new here, but my stuff comes really fast. Always pleased dealing with them. Additionally, they are really responsive via phone and email.

• Options
    AllentramAllentram Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

When I pay Sunday right after the auction and choose FedEx, they ship Monday and and I receive the package Tuesday or Wednesday. If I select USPS standard delivery, they ship a few days later, so I usually receive Saturday or the following Monday.

• Options
    TOMTJCTOMTJC Posts: 22 ✭✭✭

if I win a auction sunday night I pay monday morning have it shipped ups and receive it on wednesday

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends how you pay. They seem to wait until money clears, so credit card is faster than ACH from bank. But still faster than the other company mentioned.

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

GC is always faster than I expect with everything, a smooth running business with class and integrity, a real rarity in this time

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always pay immediately via pay pal, after the auctions on Sunday.

My experience has been, that they almost always mail the coin(s) on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The coins are usually received by the following Saturday or Monday.

Never any problems with GC. :)

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Sunday purchase will likely arrive on Friday March 29th - impressive service in my opinion.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won a coin on Sunday March 17, 2024. I paid via PayPal that same evening shortly after the auction was over. The coin was shipped USPS Priority mail on Monday March 18, 2024, and delivered to me on March 20, 2024. It went from California to Massachusetts in only a couple of days.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    d9lowed9lowe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought and sold with GC and have never had an issue. Other auction services need to take notes! @ianrussell is the man. My coins are always in hand by Wendsday, when i pay Sunday night. Customer for life.

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    If you pay Sunday night, they'll ship Monday and you'll get the coin in 2-4 days from my experience.

My experience also.

• Options

As you have all said they ship like no one else coin arrived today and I am in Canada.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 5:08PM

Yes GC ships my wins real quick. My auction house choice.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Timely shipping is essential for all auction companies and I'm sure they are better than the bigger ones.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've found that it depends on your choice of shipping method. If I go with Fed-Ex, I receive it Wednesday after the auction. Standard USPS, it may be 8 to 9 days. But that's not on GC. I live 85 miles east of Columbus, Ohio. USPS tracking from other sources can take 3, sometimes 4 days to travel those miles.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

In answer to your question, it depends if you checked off remove sticker(s), some, or all.

But seriously, never had an issue, they really rock on many levels.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file