Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox open the series tomorrow with the Baltimore Orioles and look much improved over last year.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, pitching is key, but even more important is clutch hitting. The Red Sox had 12 LOB and went 5/16 in RISP. They were fortunate to win the game in eleven innings. Stranding so many players in scoring position is not a good sign.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

How was Duran Duran last night?
    Was he hungry like a wolf ?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bello gave up 4 earned over 5 innings. not a great showing there. looks like a couple of 2 run HR's. I read somewhere that he has been working on a slider over the off season. they said in that same article that he didn't throw one 4 seam FB at all last night.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭✭

Early game today followed by a day off.
    Then they sweep into LA.
    West coast trips are always a drag for east coast teams.

• Options

yes, i agree. i always hate when the sox are out west. way too late for me to stay up. honestly, until they have that first game at Fenway, it really doesn't even feel like the games are real to me yet.

• Options
    edited April 4, 2024 1:37AM

The 1st sweep of the season has been accomplished and the Sox are only one game out of 1st .
    Good pitching has been the reason so now we need more power to step up their pace as the only one really hitting now is Duran. Casas,O'Neil, Story and Devers have not shown up yet.
    This has been accomplished on the west coast not yet having played a game at friendly Fenway.

• Options
    4Boston4Boston Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2024 5:07AM

@tommyrusty7 said:
    The 1st sweep of the season has been accomplished and the Sox are only one game out of 1st .
    Good pitching has been the reason so now we need more power to step up their pace as the only one really hitting now is Duran.

• Options

Fenway ain't friendly in April...most of New England got a fair dose of snow today.
    The only way to watch a Red Sox game in Fenway, in April is in front of a warm fireplace. I guarantee those in attendance during most, if not all of April will be seriously bundled up. Why you'd pay the ticket prices they have to pay and freeze has always been a mystery to me.

• Options

That is why the MLB package and not living in New England this time of year is nice!
    My lounge chair is way better than those small seats that don't fit my fat a$$ or wallet.

• Options

Vertigo lost his beard and his ability to wear multiple chains during games!
    Not to mention he is not hitting very well.
    The Red Sox got the better of that deal by far!

• Options

Enjoy the sun while you can in California because you are headed home to New England and frosty weather next week !
    The good news is your opponents don't like that weather either.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Enjoy the sun while you can in California because you are headed home to New England and frosty weather next week !
    The good news is your opponents don't like that weather either.

We just had some hail and heavy rain here in California yesterday. I live in the very northern part of central Cal.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

A's and now the Angels, this West coast trip is not as grueling as it could be

• Options

Oops forgot....

GO SOX!!!!!

• Options

Yankees lost today!

• Options

Not good news tonight. Story hurt his shoulder. Next inning sox made 3 errors and the next batter hit a grand slam to tie the game at 5. Raffaela and Devers both hit by pitches in the hand.

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Not good news tonight. Story hurt his shoulder. Next inning sox made 3 errors and the next batter hit a grand slam to tie the game at 5. Raffaela and Devers both hit by pitches in the hand.

Ouch

• Options
    edited April 5, 2024 10:44PM

O'neil hit his 2nd homer and Duran hit one too so the Sox won the game 8-6. No word yet on how Story is but it sure did't look good. MRI tomorrow !

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:

Story is an injury liability unfortunately

• Options

Hopefully he doesn't go down as a one of the top waste of money in recent Sox history

• Options

@perkdog said:

Hopefully he doesn't go down as a one of the top waste of money in recent Sox history

If so, he will join a long list of previous contract failure "employees". It would then appear the Red Sox management team is unable, or incapable of doing do dilligence in the medical arena. These boneheads rely much, too much on the Sabermetric nonsense trying to project future performance. I say give them all a $10 million/season contract, if they hit certain goals at the end of the season, then they get all the gold. There is ZERO incentive to perform, just kinda skate along.

The link will tell you about the most COLOSSAL contract failures in Red Sox history. Although the article doesn't include Manny Ramirez, who the Red Sox will pay till he's 54 years old, and the beloved Dustin Pedroia, aka Pedey, who will be getting $2.5 million a year for NADA.

• Options

In the mean time enjoy a welcome to a share of first place to start the season with a bang.

• Options

Story has a shoulder displacement. Hamilton recalled.

• Options

I can't believe he used Dalbec as a DH!
    He has not even had a hit yet this year!
    Devers is still making errors at third base where he has no reason to be.
    DH is his position as he is a terrible fielder. This one cost them the game.

• Options

Story is made of glass.

• Options

Sox win Sox win. Go Sox go.

• Options

OUCH, WTF.
    If anyone has any good prayers for the Red Sox.
    I'm not expecting the Red Sox to be champs but just wishing/hoping for them to be a good decent team.

• Options

Yankees 11 - 3
    Orioles 8 - 6
    Red Sox 8 - 7
    Rays 8 - 7
    Jays 7 - 8