Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An example of why I love my lcs

PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

I usually go to my local coin stores (I am lucky to have a few) once a week to see what new inventory they have and yesterday the owner (he knows I like blast white straight grade Morgan’s) shows me this one. Ouch.

This would be an upgrade for me so how could I say no? I mean I could’ve, but in reality (and the owner knows this), how could I say no? 🙂

Does anybody have examples of recent nice buys at there lcs?

Comments

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options

hfjacinto: I really like your Roman Empire coin.

• Options

david3142: thank you for posting the true view for me. When I first saw the coin I thought it was a higher grade. I too think it looks really nice for a 61.

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dropdaflag said:
    A few of my LCS/B&M purchases over the last year.

Looking at those TV's and seeing the grades...
    They are all sweet examples for the assigned grades IMO.
    Very nice coins B)

• Options
    DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭

@Ppp said:

I usually go to my local coin stores (I am lucky to have a few) once a week to see what new inventory they have and yesterday the owner (he knows I like blast white straight grade Morgan’s) shows me this one. Ouch.

This would be an upgrade for me so how could I say no? I mean I could’ve, but in reality (and the owner knows this), how could I say no? 🙂

Does anybody have examples of recent nice buys at there lcs?

I share your pain and position. Nice coin.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2024 6:01AM

Leebone: my goal for my Morgan set is to have all Ms PCGS green labels. I like green labels for the color and the history of the slab however the look of the coin supersedes everything else. I know I will probably never get there because of rarity and expense of some coins ie:1889cc, ouch.
    You picked up a great coin, good for you. 🙂

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 6:11AM

I noticed an ancient roman bronze for a very low price. I had looked at a few online and this one was 45% of the price the online had, so I picked up the below.

I like the coin, although it's a common type (GLORIA EXERCITVS reverse), so having a price comparison is helpful.

Normally I use ebay Sold Items when comparing prices, rather than "asking" prices, as those may never sell at the asking price.

For example, I could possibly buy 2 from the hoard for $75 each, list one for $300 Buy it Now, and list the other one at $150 Buy it Now. The $150 one might look like a bargain if you are comparing to the $300 that might never sell for $300.
    Apologies if you know all this and I misunderstood your price comparison.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a group shot of some nice coins in old capital holders that walked into my favorite shop from an estate a while back.
    Owner had set them aside for me as a courtesy so I bought them all. They're all nice and widget-y.

• Options
    hfjacintohfjacinto Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yosclimber said:

I noticed an ancient roman bronze for a very low price. I had looked at a few online and this one was 45% of the price the online had, so I picked up the below.

I like the coin, although it's a common type (GLORIA EXERCITVS reverse), so having a price comparison is helpful.

Normally I use ebay Sold Items when comparing prices, rather than "asking" prices, as those may never sell at the asking price.

For example, I could possibly buy 2 from the hoard for $75 each, list one for $300 Buy it Now, and list the other one at $150 Buy it Now. The $150 one might look like a bargain if you are comparing to the $300 that might never sell for $300.
    Apologies if you know all this and I misunderstood your price comparison.

I understand, I always use eBay sold, this was much much lower than eBay sold. I compared the price to a large online retailer that I usually buy from as there prices are lower on average than eBay sold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file