Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1988 D dime coin

Hi everyone. this coin I need your help isn't doubled die. Please help. Thanks lot.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Help with what?

• Options
    GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t see any sign of a Doubled Die but I do see some slight Machine Doubling
    which is a worthless type of doubling.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2024 2:06AM

You have posted over 400+ times or more including coin community forum and any others ?asking the same question over and over! :

Are you a troll if you are get an A for longevity and staying on subject.

But otherwise do you read and comprehend what others have told you. You posted so much all your questions have been answered numerous times! You spiel of wanting to gain knowledge is worthless as for example doubled die question had been discussed in many questions here and if you spend the time to actually learn?

What exactly is your purpose in looking for such varieties. Is is for the $$ etc. Also how many coins do you search ?

@nooraden1 Show some respect for the forum and post only if you really have a valid coin find and want confirmation. #

Thank you.😳

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giantsfan20 said:

You have posted over 400+ times or more including coin community forum and any others ?asking the same question over and over! :

But otherwise do you read and comprehend what others have told you. You posted so much all your questions have been answered numerous times! You spiel of wanting to gain knowledge is worthless as for example doubled die question had been discussed in many questions here and if you spend the time to actually learn?

What exactly is your purpose in looking for such varieties. Is is for the $$ etc. Also how many coins do you search ?

@nooraden1 Show some respect for the forum and post only if you really have a valid coin find and want confirmation. #

Thank you.😳

Uncalled for. Just don't open their threads if it bothers you.

Thank you

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Thank you.😳

Thank you

Not really. At this point it's a valid assumption that the OP isn't acting in good faith with a genuine desire to learn. So, they're going to get some push back.

• Options

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Thank you.😳

Thank you

Not really. At this point it's a valid assumption that the OP isn't acting in good faith with a genuine desire to learn. So, they're going to get some push back.

The OP is, if I recall correctly, a senior woman with imperfect vision. She is not jumping on other threads, acting combatively, or being rude. She never starts a thread that is anything but a request to confirm her observation of a coin. So, if you don't want to help confirm her observations, you can just ignore all her threads and you won't miss anything. If you feel you are being trolled, you should get a mirror. You are trolling yourself.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is some doubling on the date and motto. It's difficult (for me) to say with certainty that it's just machine doubling but this is the overwhelming probability.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2024 6:16AM

@jmlanzaf said:
    She never starts a thread that is anything but a request to confirm her observation of a coin.

And how many times has her observation been confirmed? Once? Out of almost 150 posts?

It's great to help someone learn. This isn't learning.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Thank you.😳

Thank you

The OP is, if I recall correctly, a senior woman with imperfect vision. She is not jumping on other threads, acting combatively, or being rude. She never starts a thread that is anything but a request to confirm her observation of a coin. So, if you don't want to help confirm her observations, you can just ignore all her threads and you won't miss anything. If you feel you are being trolled, you should get a mirror. You are trolling yourself.

I've never met a kindly grandmother who's hobby was looking for doubled dies. But even if true, whoever they are, if they can understand every possible error variety, search mounds of pocket change for them, and take microscope pictures of coins, then they're capable of reading and understanding the "help" they've been given by dozens of forum members in hundreds of threads, so that they can check the resources themselves and actually grow as a hobbyist. Or they can keep doing what they're doing, which will get pushback from some members.

• Options

@jonathanb said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    She never starts a thread that is anything but a request to confirm her observation of a coin.

And how many times has her observation been confirmed? Once? Out of almost 150 posts?

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Thank you.😳

Thank you

I've never met a kindly grandmother who's hobby was looking for doubled dies. But even if true, whoever they are, if they can understand every possible error variety, search mounds of pocket change for them, and take microscope pictures of coins, then they're capable of reading and understanding the "help" they've been given by dozens of forum members in hundreds of threads, so that they can check the resources themselves and actually grow as a hobbyist. Or they can keep doing what they're doing, which will get pushback from some members.

Whether it is "learning" or not, I don't care. Whether it is annoying or not, is up to you. But it is still easier, and nicer, to simply ignore her threads rather than give her a tongue lashing.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@jonathanb said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Thank you.😳

Thank you

Whether it is "learning" or not, I don't care. Whether it is annoying or not, is up to you. But it is still easier, and nicer, to simply ignore her threads rather than give her a tongue lashing.

I don't disagree with you about what the nicer option is. I'm just pointing out that given the track record, no one should be surprised, or offended, when there's push back. If some people feel good about humoring a kindly old grandmother with poor eyesight needing "help" in her search for doubled dies, then that's ok too.

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

For a senior woman, she takes some close up photos!

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2024 8:14AM

Explain to her the work has already been done!

Gift her a Cherry Picker Guide and a magnifying glass.

It would open a whole new world on Ebay.

The time waste looking at non existent common dates and mint marks always confounds me.

Follow a path where the enthusiasm will be actually be rewarded.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:

The time waste looking at non existent common dates and mint marks always confounds me.

As we already know, this is an elderly person with bad eyesight whose first language is not English.

The time they spend on this pursuit is probably a source of relaxation or mental exercise. The time they spend here is probably a form of socialization.

Other members will have to make their own decision but as for me, I've made my peace with it. :)

• Options

@JBK said:

@yspsales said:

As we already know, this is an elderly person with bad eyesight whose first language is not English.

The time they spend on this pursuit is probably a source of relaxation or mental exercise. The time they spend here is probably a form of socialization.

Other members will have to make their own decision but as for me, I've made my peace with it. :)

And it causes ZERO problems for anyone else.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 3:57AM

Noor is respectful, gracious, and humble.

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone, and I thank everyone who sympathizes with me in a decent, courteous and respectful manner, and this indicates your respect for me and your appreciation for respecting my age. As for some of those who send words that are not appropriate for them and for me as well, this is not a good manner. In any case, I am asking for help from you according to your good knowledge and sufficient experience that you have. I wish I had a little knowledge of you. And I actually learned things from you, and since my language is weak, I owe you a lot of thanks and to some of those who hurt the feelings of others with words that hurt a person. In any case, I say to everyone, without exception, may God protect you, and thank you very much in advance

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 10:02AM

@nooraden1 said:
    Hello everyone, and I thank everyone who sympathizes with me in a decent, courteous and respectful manner, and this indicates your respect for me and your appreciation for respecting my age. As for some of those who send words that are not appropriate for them and for me as well, this is not a good manner. In any case, I am asking for help from you according to your good knowledge and sufficient experience that you have. I wish I had a little knowledge of you. And I actually learned things from you, and since my language is weak, I owe you a lot of thanks and to some of those who hurt the feelings of others with words that hurt a person. In any case, I say to everyone, without exception, may God protect you, and thank you very much in advance

I just want your enthusiasm and perseverance rewarded. Most of the work is done for you. You can go right to the coin you like and search thousands of auctions on Ebay. I probably have duplicate older copies of the Cherry Pickers Guide I can give you. Same process but with direction and purpose.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 1:10PM

YSPSALES,very nice to offer a book to said person,but that would be waste of book etc as members have posted links ,etc concerning what a true “Doubled Die” if you bother to read other posts like your its some lessor form of doubling and no value.

It has been laid out many times .

The book would be useless as was given a redbook and still asked the value of a mercury dime which could have been easily looked up

As to the poster what exactly have you learned in ALL your posts here and coincommunity as well. How many other forums and posts asking the same questions have you frequented?

And I actually learned things from you] such as?

Thank you.

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Thanks so much yspsales for reply God bless you

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 1:48PM

@giantsfan20 said:
    YSPSALES,very nice to offer a book to said person,but that would be waste of book etc as members have posted links ,etc concerning what a true “Doubled Die” if you bother to read other posts like your its some lessor form of doubling and no value.

It has been laid out many times .

The book would be useless as was given a redbook and still asked the value of a mercury dime which could have been easily looked up

As to the poster what exactly have you learned in ALL your posts here and coincommunity as well. How many other forums and posts asking the same questions have you frequented?

And I actually learned things from you] such as?

Thank you.

How many references written in languages that do not use the Roman alphabet does one read?
    I can read a book in Slavic if I tap the text into a translator. I don’t, though, it’s way hard. It’s easier to deal with references in a different alphabet behind a computer. Even reading technical stuff in a different language that does use a familiar alphabet quickly becomes tiresome.

I agree, stop offering books.

• Options

I think I found the the explanation in an earlier thread.

@nooraden1 said:
    Thank you very much for your advice. First, I have this cannabis. Thank you very much. The problem is that I could not understand its syntax except a little of it, as some of the meanings were not clear, as I did not have enough experience for what you have, or also my knowledge of the language is not a must, so I try to learn and learn from you and from your experience With this, I would like to be and enjoy your response and also everyone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file