Home Precious Metals
Options

5 Oz Bar JM Republic National Bank Low Serial Number

Does anyone know how valuable this 5 oz silver bar JM Republic National Bank is with a very low serial number ?

I've attached photos.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/cd/cr95bhzc3gim.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/34/b7foxspl22nx.jpg

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Melt appears to be around $123. As far as value, that all depends on where you are trying to sell it. A dealer / shop would probably offer you a little under melt. A collector I would guess around $125 - $130? RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

I’m not sure that serial is really low enough to move the needle on valuation. Looking at eBay sales, it’s about a $200 bar. Allengelhard estimates mintage of around 5000.

• Options

@idratherbgardening said:
    Looking at eBay sales, it’s about a $200 bar.

Don't forget to account for about 14% seller fees and another $10 probably to package / ship. You $200 bar is now $162, hopefully you didn't sell to much this year because they will also 1099 you so add income tax on top of that and hopefully the buyer isn't a scammer trying to swindle it out of you for free. At the end of the Feebay day it's far from a $200 bar. RGDS!

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2024 3:24PM

@blitzdude said:

Don't forget to account for about 14% seller fees and another $10 probably to package / ship. You $200 bar is now $162, hopefully you didn't sell to much this year because they will also 1099 you so add income tax on top of that and hopefully the buyer isn't a scammer trying to swindle it out of you for free. At the end of the Feebay day it's far from a $200 bar. RGDS!

I agree much better IF for sale to list here in the classifieds section.
    5000 isn't a really low mintage. Under 600 serial numbers might be a draw to some buyers.
    I'd say $30/$35 an ounce is a guestimate.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Sure but buyers are willing to pay $200 for it so he could sell it here or on Reddit, IG, FB with no fees. And $5 for shipping in a good padded mailer would be how I would ship it. My store eBay fee is 9% fwiw.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Sure but buyers are willing to pay $200 for it so he could sell it here or on Reddit, IG, FB with no fees. And $5 for shipping in a good padded mailer would be how I would ship it. My store eBay fee is 9% fwiw.

He won't see $200 here. reddit perhaps, lots of peeps willing to overpay but I'd be shocked if they did. THKS!

• Options

Thank you all for your comments.

• Options
    EvanCrook1EvanCrook1 Posts: 66 ✭✭

Maybe try Ebay, I usually see a good number of low mintage anything sell well on there. FB marketplace too, but be cautious for scammers.