Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A Registry Whine re: Half Dollar Type Set

CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 20 coins required for this set. 25% are for fricking Kennedy types. Frustrating when one doesn't want to collect moderns and so when it comes time to "finish" my set, I'll have 4-5 holes. Irritating!

Whine over.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least those 25% should be lower value in terms of investment, except for the gold, which might be why they are included in the first place. You know, make the entry into the set easy enough to allow more folks to purchase the product and play the game.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    There are 20 coins required for this set. 25% are for fricking Kennedy types. Frustrating when one doesn't want to collect moderns and so when it comes time to "finish" my set, I'll have 4-5 holes. Irritating!

Whine over.

Hope Wayneas doesn't see this :o:o

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2024 3:31PM

@TomB said:
    At least those 25% should be lower value in terms of investment, except for the gold, which might be why they are included in the first place. You know, make the entry into the set easy enough to allow more folks to purchase the product and play the game.

Tom, the gold isn't in that set it's in the other type set, there are two of them, one with 20 coins and one with 22 coins