Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What did I miss on this? (2)

I didn't see the stain on the back, which may be residue of having been in an album. Is that enough for a 2, or is there something I (still) am missing?

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s that indent on the lower stain?

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Great stamp of the Blade though

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with stamp standards, but did the chipping on the top and bottom edge factor into the grade?

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paper loss from being removed from album?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Agreed^ Looks more like paper loss

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:
    I'm not familiar with stamp standards, but did the chipping on the top and bottom edge factor into the grade?

No, I don't think so. That is normal for 82F Stamps. OPC-like rough cut.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

"The Glue/Tape Stain – When this particular flaw is present, the card will drop into the PSA Good 2 range regardless of the other attributes of the card. The card may grade slightly higher if the face of the card exhibits strong eye appeal. Often times, you will see a card that appears to be a PSA EX-MT 6 or better on the front but the reverse stain provides the kiss of death. In these cases, it is possible for the card to achieve a higher grade but only slightly higher." - Grading Tips from Joe Orlando, PSA

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:
    "The Glue/Tape Stain – When this particular flaw is present, the card will drop into the PSA Good 2 range regardless of the other attributes of the card. The card may grade slightly higher if the face of the card exhibits strong eye appeal. Often times, you will see a card that appears to be a PSA EX-MT 6 or better on the front but the reverse stain provides the kiss of death. In these cases, it is possible for the card to achieve a higher grade but only slightly higher." - Grading Tips from Joe Orlando, PSA

That would do it. I didn't even notice in hand. Sigh. Even when I was looking for defects only noticed the top one. At least there are likely to be none lower!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two relatively large and obvious stains, I think 2 is correct.