Options

Collectors Club Price increases 50%

So you get some Fanatics credit. It’s not the $50, it’s the point of it

Comments

• Options

Woof. Still no vouchers with all that added cost. 🙁

• Options
    SlipCSlipC Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

Can you extend current subscription at $99 per year until April?

It's been a long, long time!
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Is this the $199 level with the Card Ladder added? I question whether the Loupe credit is worthwhile - seems like the same thing as Whatnot.

I haven't had a membership in several years, so I'm out of the loop on what the price used to be versus now.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

It was $99, April 1 it becomes $149

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta pay for SGC somehow!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay. With card prices falling this seems counter intuitive to the market conditions. At some point the music will slow.

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

To all those with loupe credit, I tried the App and used it to purchase a couple spots in a random team break. It's not a smooth process as I had no idea when the break was going to occur and missed it. Most importantly, I had to wait until the breaker logged off to see the video of it which also required me to have to slide through 3 hours of video to find it.

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 250 ✭✭✭

I’ve been turned down by 6 banks for a new line of credit to cover the increase in subscription price. What’s up with the banking industry?

• Options

It’s not the $50, but why? If your Cable increased 50% you would be screaming. Does your salary ever increase 50% ? Do t think so

• Options

@Harnessracing said:
    It’s not the $50, but why? If your Cable increased 50% you would be screaming. Does your salary ever increase 50% ? Do t think so

Well, I was only joking. I was able to get the credit line opened at the first bank! Ha.

If I got a cable bill I would be confused for sure. You’re spot on!

Did you know that you can mail letters to Brazil from the US using a forever stamp?

This is such a “huh” topic. I was hoping it was going to digress into price nostalgia… “I remember when a brick of Velveeta cost a nickel”.

Or at least someone would break out a dissertation on Corporations and Capitalism.

Snooze-fest.

• Options

Your response is a snooze fest.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

To me it's just a magazine subscription with the "privilege" to submit cards a tad bit cheaper than a non-member. I didn't claim the loupe credit last year or this year and don't care. It's a shame that PSA doesn't make you feel like a valued customer anymore. If anyone is considering canceling their membership you should do it at least a week prior to the expiration...... they charged mine four days early.

• Options

I won’t renew next year but my reasons are because I’ve been liquidating for several years now sending hundreds of cards to 4SC monthly and now with only 5% cost on items over $1000 I get a better deal with them than selling myself. Raw cards sending to Greg Morris they do a great job plus get great prices. The last of my unopened which is about 30 sealed cases will go to BBCE this year and most likely sent to auction as well.
    It’s time to fully retire like I did from my real job after 44 yrs 15 months ago.
    Time to watch my horses and travel if the wife ever decides to retire herself which she could do tomorrow but is being stubborn.

• Options

@Harnessracing said:

That’s solid feedback. It was a tricky pivot and it’s admittedly not my best work.

They can’t all land.

• Options

So to renew at $99, do we cancel our renewal and resubscribe prior to April 1?

• Options
    MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

@BillsGridironGreats said:
    So to renew at $99, do we cancel our renewal and resubscribe prior to April 1?

No, if you cancel, you still retain your current membership until it expires. It just won't auto-renew.

Mine expires June 30, and I just cancelled it. I will keep using it until then. When you cancel, you have an opportunity to provide them comments why you cancelled, so I did so.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

How do we signup at $99 today? All I see are the $149 and $199 options (Fantatics credit coming soon.....)

• Options

@bgr said:

@Harnessracing said:

That’s solid feedback. It was a tricky pivot and it’s admittedly not my best work.

They can’t all land.

Only in your imagination.

• Options

@Harnessracing said:

@bgr said:

@Harnessracing said:

They can’t all land.

So sensitive. Just send me (pm) your info and I’ll Venmo you $50 a year for the next 10. So many baby birds out there that need help back to the nest.

I’m sorry baby bird.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2024 3:07AM

@bgr said:

@Harnessracing said:

@bgr said:

@Harnessracing said:

They can’t all land.

So sensitive. Just send me (pm) your info and I’ll Venmo you $50 a year for the next 10. So many baby birds out there that need help back to the nest.

I’m sorry baby bird.

I don’t need your lousy $50 . You’re nothing put a loud mouth who thinks they’re smart but really nothing more than the real baby bird you call others so crawl back into your mothers basement where you really do your best thinking

• Options

Well. The offer was $500 in total. Never look a gift horse in the mouth - something about the teeth I’m sure.

• Options

You need it I dont. I pay more than twice $500 a day to the trainers who have my horses. Maybe now you can get your teeth fixed

• Options
    edited March 25, 2024 12:18PM

@Harnessracing said:
    You need it I dont. I pay more than twice $500 a day to the trainers who have my horses. Maybe now you can get your teeth fixed

Ok. You win. I’m just kidding around here. It seems mostly laid back with a few exceptions. Enjoy your horses.

Can I get the name of your dentist though? $500 for dental work sounds like a steal

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harnessracing said:
    I won’t renew next year but my reasons are because I’ve been liquidating for several years now sending hundreds of cards to 4SC monthly and now with only 5% cost on items over $1000 I get a better deal with them than selling myself. Raw cards sending to Greg Morris they do a great job plus get great prices. The last of my unopened which is about 30 sealed cases will go to BBCE this year and most likely sent to auction as well.
    It’s time to fully retire like I did from my real job after 44 yrs 15 months ago.
    Time to watch my horses and travel if the wife ever decides to retire herself which she could do tomorrow but is being stubborn.

That sounds like a good plan, enjoy retirement! I have enjoyed selling portions of my collection the last 5 years.

Since joining I remember your posts that are similar about raw cards, etc. Kindly, how many cases did you start with?

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2024 12:58PM

Full and partial well over 100 but I have a buddy in NJ that has hundreds of sport and non sport that I may buy the whole tractor trailer. I’m going to look at it next week. He bought out close outs so don’t know what I’m going to see. He says he has vending cases from the late 70’s early 80’s and I have no reason to doubt him. I bought 2-80 Topps baseball vending cases a few years ago from him and a 89 Score Football vending case as well.