Home Q & A Forum
Options

What is this 1964 JFK coin? Commemorative with numbered cardboard

This 1964 JFK coin has been in my family for decades. Been trying to find this exact variation online, but I can't...

"John Fitzgerald Kennedy"
"1917 In Memoriam 1963"
Numbered + eagle symbol.

There is a small text inside the eagle symbol in the lower right corner. (small text, hard to read)

Any information would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum. The coin is just a normal 1964 Kennedy half dollar. There were literally hundreds of different holders and display cards produced by private companies for them. Finding exactly who produced this one could be a challenge! While not of much value, it makes a nice little display.

• Options

@lcutler said:
    Welcome to the forum. The coin is just a normal 1964 Kennedy half dollar. There were literally hundreds of different holders and display cards produced by private companies for them. Finding exactly who produced this one could be a challenge! While not of much value, it makes a nice little display.

Thanks Icutler. One of my theories was about what you said. Still a nice coin in a fun "packaging"..

However, if anyone has more info it is more than welcome.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

A real nice display item. Keep it and pass it on. Nice and welcome aboard. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

The logo shown is by Whitman. They produce coin related folders etc.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".