Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Value of Uncut sheet of $2- star notes

A friend of mine got this sheet from federal bureau of engraving and printing many years ago.

I think it is really cool and he wants to sell it. Does anyone have an idea of its value?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very cool. My daughter has a sheet of uncut $2.00's but it would be fun to get one with stars. How much are you thinking of selling it for? I may be interested!!

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

The BEP sold thousands of these 1976 16-subject $2 sheets, both in regular and replacement notes. Most of the districts bring similar money, with Kansas City (J*) being the exception and the key for replacement note sheets. Here’s a fairly recent completed transaction from Heritage. You can also check eBay for recent SOLD sheets compared to your friend’s sheet.

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

steve_in_tampa: thank you for the reply

Onastone: I am not planning to resell it once I get it.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might want to do some measuring before quoting shipping prices once it sells. Shipping something this size can sometimes surprise you…just sayin

• Options

@Ppp Oh, I thought you were selling it for him, you're buying it from him. Steve_in_Tampa found a pretty good price for you, I was going to guess anywhere from $100 to $150. A new frame may make these look amazing!!!

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Is the framing also viewable from the back?
    Is there a tag on the back, perhaps "The Money Man" , a noted currency display framer of very high quality

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

steve_in_tampa: good point. good news in this case there is no shipping involved.

Synchr: don’t know. It sounds like the frame is cheap. Once I get it I will probably reframe so both sides will be visible

• Options

Excellent idea, a clear frame.....perhaps a floating frame....those are visible on both sides.