Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Very cool error

I have never seen a mismatched radar note.

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

so its a bit beat up, who cares, you got a good thing

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, very cool error.
    The prices on these circulated mismatched serial numbers are all over the place.

• Options
    mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Sadly it's not my note. It is at a auction house that I wouldn't bid at.

• Options

It sold.

• Options

That’s strong money.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to see in that grade.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Yes, very cool error.
    The prices on these circulated mismatched serial numbers are all over the place.

The above two notes don't seem like a fair comparison. The top one has two numbers mismatched.

• Options

@JBK said:

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Yes, very cool error.

The above two notes don't seem like a fair comparison. The top one has two numbers mismatched.

Whatever.
    The note that sold for $1,200 is a single digit mismatch and it brought more money than the two I posted combined. Go figure…

• Options

@Steve_in_Tampa said:

@JBK said:

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Yes, very cool error.

Whatever.
    The note that sold for $1,200 is a single digit mismatch and it brought more money than the two I posted combined. Go figure…

That sounds pretty dismissive.

I had been under the impression that you were one of the currency experts here. Are you saying two digits mismatched is not a much bigger deal than one?

The third note is absurdly expensive compared to the other two, but the two you posted were what I commented on.

• Options

I may occasionally know more than the next guy, but I certainly don’t consider myself an expert. I’m sorry that my one word reaction to your observation didn’t sit well with you. Technically, you’re right. I was more interested in comparing notes in similar conditions.

I’m glad to see that we do agree on the sale price of the third note.

• Options
    edited March 21, 2024 10:19AM

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    I may occasionally know more than the next guy, but I certainly don’t consider myself an expert. I’m sorry that my one word reaction to your observation didn’t sit well with you. Technically, you’re right. I was more interested in comparing notes in similar conditions.

I’m glad to see that we do agree on the sale price of the third note.

Well don't sell yourself short. I think people generally respect your feedback. :p

• Options

I would say that was strong money for the note. But like I said before. I wouldn't bid at that auction house. They are known for bidding up there own lots to a price they want. So I have been told. Sorry I won't name drop.