Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What are the odds 5 State quarter and issues on all 10 sides

Hi all

Has anyone else run into this!?

It seems like a rather impossible occurrence..

Please let me know if you think this is a really cool thing or maybe it's common. I've never seen it before.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only Monday...................

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it seem like it was Saturday morning already……

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! This thread got me excited to think it was Friday evening already!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

It's 5 o'clock here

I was more interested in the odds of all the coins in the set having errors. But I realized that was even stupid since that was too easy to manipulate

• Options

I'll go back to talking to myself.

Sorry to bother

• Options

It’s a tough crowd here and I’ll give you a little tip, if you post something like this you really need to say just what it is that you find interesting so others will know what to look for. Also, folks here prefer it if you post pics of the full coin, not just the zoomed in microscope views.
    I’ve found these guy to be more than willing to help, advise or at least appreciate the content of the post, but you have to give them more to work with.
    Not an expert here, these are just things I’ve learned through observation during my time here.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2024 5:48PM

The odds are good that you have issues on ten sides of five coins. One who searches quarter rolls finds a unimpressive forms of minor issues: strikes by worn dies, off-centered strikes, die cracks, die chips, die clashes, die polish, and common doubling; the same and combos on both sides. Seems one cannot find no good looking quarter nowhere without all that crap spread on it.
    You don’t even need a Koolertron to see’em.

Don’t be discouraged. Read how things go here for a bit.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should take heed of the advice given above. Just posting pics with no details makes it really hard for anyone to know what you are referring to.

• Options

Thanks

• Options

1:1

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kevine84 said:
    I'll go back to talking to myself.

Sorry to bother

Your Good, just step away from the microscope.
    Pick a 10X loupe and what do you see?
    IMHO if it ain't there with 10X power...it ain't worth messing with.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2024 8:56AM

I understand the sentiment on this thread.

I don't understand this but didn't this jump out at anyone? They look like two different images/mint marks.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    I understand the sentiment on this thread.

I don't understand this but didn't this jump out at anyone? They look like two different images/mint marks.

Yeah, was wondering about those two also. The last photo, not sure because the coin 'seemed' to have damage over the obverse, but could not make out the sequences very well. The other photo... does look interesting.

----- kj
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2024 9:35AM

As a tip to the OP.... highly pixelated photos are not very helpful to tell what is really going on. Sharp photos work much better... and as mentioned, TELL US why you think it is interesting or potentially significant. Otherwise, we have no clue (as in the first 8 pictures... )

----- kj
  • Options

Try taking photos of the mintmark shots, showing the entire coin and with more sharpness.

----- kj
  • Options

@tincup said:
    As a tip to the OP.... highly pixelated photos are not very helpful to tell what is really going on. Sharp photos work much better... and as mentioned, TELL US why you think it is interesting or potentially significant. Otherwise, we have no clue (as in the first 8 pictures... )

He's busy reporting us to Uncle Gavin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file