Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Baltimore Whitman Coin Expo THIS week... and a Thursday Show Report...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 21, 2024 2:34PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Who is going and what are you looking for?

I'll be there Thursday afternoon and maybe on Friday... I'm looking for a nice Draped Bust Half LE or a large piece of gold...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• Options
    epcepc Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2024 7:07AM

I live near Baltimore and plan to go on Friday, and maybe Saturday. Liberty Seated Half Dime varieties...

Collector of Liberty Seated Half Dimes, including die pairs and die states

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will attend Thursday. Have no expectations that I'll add anything, but nothing better than to spend an afternoon at a quality show!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there Thursday.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday - looking for 1909 DDR's
    WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Safe travels to all. Via Con Dios.

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will be in our spot... Table # 741 Stop bye and introduce yourself, great coins and our Candy Dish is always full!

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be safe.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan on attend on Thursday to submit one coin to PCGS for crossover. Hopefully I will find some coins for my World set.

• Options

@lkenefic said:
    Who is going and what are you looking for?

I'll be there Thursday afternoon and maybe on Friday... ****I'm looking for a nice Draped Bust Half LE**** or a large piece of gold...

1805 50c MS62 pop 4/1 finer
    https://eyeappealingcoins.com/1805-50c-draped-bust-half-dollar-pcgs-ms62-157070947.html

provenance ex T James Clarke 1956
    https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-9J4D6/1805-draped-bust-half-dollar-o-112-t-2-rarity-2-ms-62-pcgs

more about T James Clarke
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1032209/thomas-james-clarke-1875-1952-he-was-quite-the-collector-among-other-things

Lot 1202
    https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/auctionlots?AucCoId=27&AuctionId=515614&page=85

• Options

Thanks! I've already purchased that "large piece of gold" so my coin budget is pretty much spent, but I'll still be going to check out Draped Bust Halves in VF/XF condition and, more likely, Early Copper...

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

Woohoot! I just saw a spot on WJZ channel 13 News about the show... B)

• Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭✭

Going on Thursday

• Options

Any suggestions on where to park for a person visiting just for one day?

• Options

I usually use spothero to find a spot but the Sheraton garage is next door and you can go through the hotel and an elevated walkway to the convention center to avoid the surface streets.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

First thing Friday for me and leave before afternoon traffic.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a few questions.
    Is PCGS going to be on site, Thursday, March 21 st ?
    If yes, would there be a time frame ?
    Can I sign up with PCGS on site ?
    If signed up, dues paid, can I submit a grading request the same day ?
    Road trip! Sounds like a plan.
    If possible.

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed that Angel Dees has some Graded MPL, Great selection!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    Just a few questions.
    If possible.

PCGS was on site today - March 21st - Noon to 6 PM, same as the general admission time frame.
    PCGS representative was telling persons waiting in line that they could sign up for membership today and submit today as well.

• Options

Being dads taxi service I saw a window in my daily duties, so I took it.
    Feeling like a bowl of jello from the drive and with no time to spare the early bird group was a welcomed break.that set me back 30 mn.
    Traffic on the way back, 95N, Balt. - Phila. was perfect. Arrived home on time as school was just letting out.
    My son asked me, "so dad, what did you do today and what's all this stuff"? Wendy's, Wa Wa, coffee, and juice cans ?
    Feeling like a cold bowl of jello again, I answered him "ah same ole, same ole".

• Options

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

@emeraldATV said:
    Just a few questions.
    If possible.

PCGS was on site today - March 21st - Noon to 6 PM, same as the general admission time frame.
    PCGS representative was telling persons waiting in line that they could sign up for membership today and submit today as well.

I did just that. ..............TKY. Oh my.
    That's why the weather was so nice today.

• Options

Did anyone attend yesterday or today??

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

The rain kept me away. Not the budget to buy anything but usually drop some coins at the host or ATS...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    Did anyone attend yesterday or today??

Stop by around noon Friday to submit a few coins to PCGS. Seem not as busy as I thought since I could go straight to a PCGS rep, but then, it was lunchtime.

Was planning to go back today with the kids for their Kid's Nook exploration table but the rain spoiled the party.

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anxiously awaiting show reports.

I guess gold/silver will be hot?

As an E-Bay DE seller... , we have not sold a coin for almost 2 months.

Could be our pricing? Perhaps, gold buyers are seeing generics at VG price points and using their capital on those?

Not complaining but I find it interesting?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file