Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

After all my currency searching. Never pulled this!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 12, 2024 10:43PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi guys,
Yes! I don't care what condition, never came across a Silver Certificate!
Awesome.

Not earth shaking, however,
Still very stimulating!
😀

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of what fun collecting is all about. Finding items of interest in the wild at face value.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2024 10:45PM

Something else about this find.
    My Birth Year too!
    :D

Thanks guys.
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭

awesome find. I have yet to find a silver certificate from my bank straps.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2024 2:09PM

Looking only at the very top of the photo, I thought that you had found an offset.

Congratulations, Check that one off the searchers list.

Many people are not observant and/or color blind.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool, i havent got one either ch. im still looking yet :)

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, your close up of the date area of your SC find seems to show a minor gutter error, too.

The vertical line looks more like a printed gutter fold than an ordinary fold. It widens near the bottom. Very minor, but technically an error, too.

What do the other members think?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2024 6:07PM

I have a question for you @JoeyCoins , did the teller run this strap through the bill counter before she gave it to you? I just am wondering if the bill machines think that a silver certificate is real or if the teller has to put it by hand into the strap.
    P.S. You can post stuff like this in my thread bill/note/strap hunting.

Post No. 519

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:

• Options

@CRHer700 said:
    I have a question for you @JoeyCoins , did the teller run this strap through the bill counter before she gave it to you? I just am wondering if the bill machines think that a silver certificate is real or if the teller has to put it by hand into the strap.

Post No. 519

Good question?
    The banks I most frequent. I tell them to skip the counting. I can't recall in this case?
    Hmmmmm?
    Thanks

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@CRHer700 said:

Post No. 519

Good question?
    The banks I most frequent. I tell them to skip the counting. I can't recall in this case?
    Hmmmmm?
    Thanks

Thanks, I just wish that I knew that I had a chance to find a SC in any old strap. Also, beware of uncounted straps, as just a few weeks ago I had a fifty strap that was short by two.

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen: