Home Q & A Forum
Options

Platinum Membership Submission

conrad99conrad99 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

Greetings. A year ago I signed up, and never used my "vouchers" — now I'm under the gun and just realized that half of the submission forms I was sent pertain to currency and world coins. So I'm pretty much relegated to the online submission process. I have a number of questions and I'm not even sure this is the right place, but any advice will be appreciated. I've only submitted "across the street" before.

1. First of all, and worst of all, I don't have any great candidates atm. I do have some crossovers and reconsiderations as well as one good coin (1853 half) which could really use restoration. Restoration isn't permitted with vouchers.

Why can't I pay extra for restoration as an add-on service?

1. PCGS says:

Valid for the submission of U.S. or World coins equivalent to either the Regular Standard or Regular Gold Shield service level (Gold Shield includes free TrueView imaging).

Q: why would you not use gold shield? The price is the same, right? For vouchers I mean. This doesn't make sense.

Comments

• Options
    1. How am I supposed to declare a value of each coin before it's graded? Just the proverbial WAG then?

2. What if I have two of the same coin? Does it matter if I can't differentiate between them in the descriptions? I presume pcgs can manage that?!

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 3:00PM
    1. The form shows a possible credit for eight vouchers only. But (because of value) I want to send the last two separately. Will PCGS manage this without special instructions/request?
  • Options

Wow it really looks like the 8-coin voucher must be used all at once :(

• Options
    edited March 11, 2024 3:56PM

Package coins and submission form carefully. Name of service must be clearly marked on outside of package. This will help expedite the processing of your order. For complimentary submissions, please mark "CLUB."

6a. Name of service? Like raw grading, reconsideration, etc?
    If you have multiple orders (forms) then each type should be written on the outside of the package? I'm sort of mystified by the purpose of this, and somehow it also seems to add a risk factor.

• Options

6b. Do they mean mark "CLUB" in addition to or in lieu of the other designations?

• Options
    1. How shall I keep each series of coins associated with their appropriate submission form? Can I tape the flips onto a piece of card stock and then insert that into a folded form? What about slabs for crossover/reconsideration?

(BTW if anyone reads this, I've tried phoning PCGS three times today. Just get the recordings and then I'm called away before anyone ever answers.)

• Options

"Regular" or "Express" is what they mean by Name of Service.

Has nothing to do with service level. And the guy at PCGS says the "Club" option is deprecated despite still being in their instructions.

Aww crap I forgot to ask him how to secure all the coins, and now they're closed (though it's only 430pm there). Oh well.