Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My world economy submission

clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 8, 2024 3:33PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

This is my first world coin submission ever, received 1/17 and posted results a few days ago.
Heavy on the Semeuse francs which will all go in my set.
(I'd part ways with the swiss franc if anyone is interested in those)
In completely random order..

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful set!

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

lovely pieces and the trueviews are actually pretty good compared to recent TVs. All graded as expected?

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful!

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins.

• Options

@Clio said:
    lovely pieces and the trueviews are actually pretty good compared to recent TVs. All graded as expected?

No complaints, and yes the trueviews being decent was a pleasant surprise.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

well played

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely love the 1895-A franc! Les pieces Francaises sont tres artistiques!

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2024 2:42PM

Nice set!. @clarkbar04 May I ask, how long did it took to get your coins graded, with this economy service? Last time I saw the estimated turnaround time for the economy world was 60 days.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't remind me that I already made one comment- but what I am about to write is worth the second post- These really are attractive coins and it illustrates what is possible as well as what can be accomplished by being diligent, looking through boxes to find that coin that measures up to your expectations. And developing the eye to spot the look of what matters.

It is a thread such as this that should provide motivation into the possibilities...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

@Clio said:

No complaints, and yes the trueviews being decent was a nice surprise

@coinkat said:
    Please don't remind me that I already made one comment- but what I am about to write is worth the second post- These really are attractive coins and it illustrates what is possible as well as what can be accomplished by being diligent, looking through boxes to find that coin that measures up to your expectations. And developing the eye to spot the look of what matters.

It is a thread such as this that should provide motivation into the possibilities...

Very true and a good point, some of these cost less than $10. Questionable if they worth having certified - but here we are!