Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Speaking of PCI and 7070 sets....

U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 6, 2024 10:03PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I looked through my notes and remembered that two coins that sit in my 7070 set were once in PCI slabs.
There are no plans to cross or grade these. :D
Pictures are from years ago before they went into the album.

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good.
    A former grader of PCI here stated many 'red labeled' slabbed PCI coins were cracked out and submitted coming back as problem free in other services holders.
    Up to learning of that fact I was always curious why these red label slabs never really seemed to turn up on eBay.

Those two are nice examples each for the type.

peacockcoins

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

From those pics, I like that H10. What did the graders see as surface damage? Or is that their way of saying dipped and retoned?

imageimage

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaCoinGuy said:
    From those pics, I like that H10. What did the graders see as surface damage? Or is that their way of saying dipped and retoned?

I think it might be saying that it was dipped and retoned. There are also some small spots on the obverse that could be evidence of some sort of surface issue.

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@GaCoinGuy said:

I think it might be saying that it was dipped and retoned. There are also some small spots on the obverse that could be evidence of some sort of surface issue.

Agreed. Either way, I think it would look good in a 7070...

imageimage

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaCoinGuy said:

I think the graders were looking at the two scrape marks on the leg- right of the shield (and slightly above).

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

@GaCoinGuy said:

I think the graders were looking at the two scrape marks on the leg- right of the shield (and slightly above).

Had to Zoom way in (the eyes ain't what they used to be), but I see them now...I actually thought they might have been folds in the dress...(not very familiar with this series).

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file