Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When do coins dropped off at an event show as received by PCGS?

I dropped off coins at the Philly members-only show last Friday and they still don't show as received in my account. How long does that normally take?

Do they take all the coins and send them back to Cali then they are considered received?

Comments

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they take all the coins and send them back to Cali then they are considered received?

Yes. I dropped off coins at FUN on 1/3 for regular grading and they didn't show received until 1/11.

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

My experience is it takes about a week. Sometimes a little earlier than that, sometimes a little more.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few "Being Imaged" for just short of a week. Guess they are photographing with a slow shutter speed. I don't take the information too seriously or literally. (It would be nice if all was possible but) I'd rather they spend more time on grading, encapsulating, photographing and shipping than being super concerned with web updating of status.

Mark

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes about a week. I submitted a Regular submission of 16 coins and an Economy submission of 16 coins at FUN in January. They took 6 and 7 days to enter "received". The regular coins are back home now, while the economy level coins are still in "Received." No worries. Overall, they are moving much faster now.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    psuman08psuman08 Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

All, thanks for the answers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file