Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Bryan Money Discovery Piece

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

I purchase my first piece of Bryan Money and I can't find it in the catalog or supplement. So I show it to Fred, and it is now Schorn-834b:

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! This is an underappreciated area of the hobby for sure. Ripe for discoveries like yours. Congrats!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the discovery, but that is one rough-looking token. It looks cast for sure, maybe of lead or tin?

• Options

@JBK These were almost all cast in lead or "pot metal." It didn't hold up that well, and the OPs token is fairly representative of the condition of most Bryan Money

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, it's a stretch to call this a token. I can't be sure of the size of the OP's piece, but these are typically 3 1/2 inches in diameter or larger.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jonathanb said:
    FWIW, it's a stretch to call this a token. I can't be sure of the size of the OP's piece, but these are typically 3 1/2 inches in diameter or larger.

Medal? Medallion?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proto dollar?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

This thing is most likely the size of a coaster.
    You can literally put your drink on these Byan medals. Though I wouldn't recommend it.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file