Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Results from my 5 coin quarterly special submission (German coins)

neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 5, 2024 2:22PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I sent in 5 coins via the quarterly special to be graded and got them back last week - https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/23781495

1958-J 5 Mark, MS63. Key date of the series and likely in the top few dozen finest for the date. It's the third nicest I've seen sold publicly in the past 5 years, which is what makes me say that. It's very nice for a 63 and the reverse is good enough for a solid 64. I might consider trying to get a plus in the future. This one went into my 5 Mark registry set.

1926-E 1 Mark, PR64DCAM. Mintage of 61. The only example PCGS has graded. While 64 isn't a top grade, this coin looks fantastic even from 8 inches away. A nice example of a rare proof. I have 3 different date/mm combos of this type in proof. This could very well turn into a set if it hasn't already.

1927-F 5 Mark, Tubingen Comemmorative. PR65DCAM. A really nice black/white proof. The presence of light hairlines or polish is a modest detractor. Nonetheless, 5 Mark proofs are big boy coins and now I have one.

1931-A 3 Mark, Magdeburg Commemorative. PR65CAM. A nice city view commemorative design that is always popular. These coins seem susceptible to haze and toning because of their lower purity silver. This one has some, which looks natural, but it doesn't pop like a perfect proof would. There are DCAM examples that stand apart. This will still fill a hole in my slowly growing 3 Mark proof set.

1731 IAB Brunswick Calenburg Hannover Thaler AU53 - It's not pictured. The trueviews aren't ready yet. It's my first Wildman thaler and I'm happy to have it.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
"Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exceptional coins- congrats. I suspect some may not appreciate the 1958J and how difficult this coin is to find with this look.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely coins. I especially like the proof 1 mark.

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"