Home Precious Metals
Options

Check out Butler's most recent Offering.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://silverseek.com/article/cftcs-response-0

I got the distinct impression that if silver explodes higher they'll go after Butler and longs. They'll especially target stackers and miners. Butler could be considered a serious threat to the status quo and higher prices could be construed as to prove it.

The world has gone bonkers.

Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options

The author of the letter majored in political science at Illinois State and has experience working for Harry Reid.

No doubt this is why the letter fails to address the question asked. Instead of asking someone who knows how things work they asked someone who knew just what to say. This is the modern world where right hand doesn't even want to know what the left hand is doing.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?? SLV inventory is being double counted?? Surely not, that would be manipulation of the markets, wouldn't it??

Would not surprise me one bit. Though I'm sure the business experts will jump in and show how this it just tin foil hat stuff and the silver market is just just responding to sound market supply and demand.

----- kj
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cladking said:
    https://silverseek.com/article/cftcs-response-0

I got the distinct impression that if silver explodes higher they'll go after Butler and longs. They'll especially target stackers and miners. Butler could be considered a serious threat to the status quo and higher prices could be construed as to prove it.

The world has gone bonkers.

OK guess I'll play, who are "They" and why are "They" going to come after stackers and miners. These snake oil salesmen are exactly that. At the end of the day the world could give 2 cents if gutter metal was $5 or $500. Nobody outside of a handful of investors would even bat an eye. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

OK guess I'll play, who are "They" and why are "They" going to come after stackers and miners. These snake oil salesmen are exactly that. At the end of the day the world could give 2 cents if gutter metal was $5 or $500. Nobody outside of a handful of investors would even bat an eye. RGDS!

Silver can't go to $500 without a serious supply crunch. By definition "serious" means things like disruption of markets and production. Silver is used in thousands and thousands of products and even $5000 silver wouldn't cause producers to have to substitute.

Even $500 silver would not have a huge impact on production nor consumption. This means factories would shut down.

Rather than blame the CFTC, banks, and the others who have caused the problem they are likely to blame people far sighted enough to know we squandered the world's silver supply for 5000 years with most of it in just the last quarter century as fat cats got richer and richer. They won't blame the fat cats because greed is good and buying influence is the new American way. They'll blame Ted Butler because he's encouraging people to buy silver and not make products with it. They'll blame the miners for not increasing production. They'll blame mathematics because you can't keep subtracting from anything forever or double counting to make more.

It's a crazy world where victims are punished and rent seekers awarded more bonuses and favors.

"They" is simple enough. "They" are whom have always magically appeared whenever a serious problem arises and scapegoats need be found. Leadership is the ability to jump in front of crowds and say "follow me" and politics is assigning blame to others whenever you make serious blunders. "They" make serious blunders even though they are only trying to make bankers ever richer rather than to destroy the commonweal. "Serious" is when "they" have created a threat to the continuation of the status quo which has become sacrosanct since the baby boomers inherited it.

We have politicians in charge of economics, linguists in charge of engineering, and the inmates running the asylum.

Tempus fugit.