Home Q & A Forum
Options

A 2017 A Five Dollar US note looks like,..? Let me try to explain how this could happen, anywhere ?

emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anywhere, could be one big factor as the damage makes the note look distorted.
Anywhere, could also be a false positive of the dia markers. Been there done that comes to mind, except not with currency.
I'm going to post 2, 8.5 x 11 in. photos of the obverse side. Any humor type responses should cover the fact that your unarmed,
and it's a lot of time and trouble typing, how it's possible, I'll save that for tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@IkesT said:

• Options

Well that's a start.
    Oh my :#

• Options

Notice the the torch on a 10 dollar note.
    . This photo shows some the "SHAPE" removed

This Photo shows detail and color
    of the shape removed.
    The mint does not run one press strictly for each note. (?)
    More to follow soon.

• Options

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, for sure, but I don't think that it was done at the BEP in Fort Worth, where this note was printed. It's the paper money equivalent of PMD, but actually PBD

And I don't want to speculate what the stain may be from.

It looks dirty and damaged. I would just spend it in some dark bar where they won't object.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

Anything is possible as you stated.
    If I knew how many passes (through any press) of one sheet that is required to produce a note could shed some more possibilities. I don't think this process would be given to the general public.
    There's one aspect in the damaged area on the lower right side serial number. PL56617104 is clearly in view.
    The final identifying image should show the letter A to some degree with the impression supported with green ink.
    Even if it was hidden or pealed away,
    Photo's taken and filtered as to produce an X-ray effect of the exact position and the surrounding damage show the letter A is a positive no show.
    The tac level of the ink and it's coverage needed is maintained or adjusted by the pressmen.
    There are other factors that could support this action inside or outside. But the missing A stands alone.
    Thanks for your time.

• Options

"Even if it was hidden or pealed away,
    Photo's taken and filtered as to produce an X-ray effect of the exact position and the surrounding damage show the letter A

"is a positive no show." ...I was wrong to describe it like this.
    To be clear The letter A is hidden under what I (a Pressman) would call a wrap, in it's proper location.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2024 9:08AM

You are at the doorstep of quantum numismatics. Heady stuff