Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How will the proposed purchase of SCG by PSA effect the grading market and the Set Registry?

I have not seen any specifics of the transaction, but I hope PSA will allow crossovers from SCG at a reasonable fee with an equivalent PSA grade. I believe that would benefit the Set Registry in the long run.

Comments

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Different grading standards and that would be terrible to arbitrarily cross over what would essentially be cheaper cards. Talk about hurting the PSA brand. I thought you can add other TPG's cards to the registry anyway.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

I would love for the Set Registry to allow for the addition of SGC cards down the line.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

My question was answered in another thread. But when you really look at it, I would agree that it would just hurt the PSA registry

@SetRegistryOfficial said:
    Hello SR Members,
    Late last week an announcement was made regarding Collectors Holdings acquisition of SGC. Some of you may be wondering how this will impact the Set Registry. At this time, there are no plans to incorporate SGC graded cards into competitive sets or showcases. However, you can continue to upload them to your inventory.

For additional information, please click the following links.

gosgc.com/SGC-Joins-Collectors
    sportscollectorsdaily.com/report-psa-parent-company-set-to-acquire-sgc/